2 replies to this topic

#1 leecher

leecher

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 06:54 PM

*I'm a newb and would line to ask somebody for help:
I've seen in screenshots that people have copies of their movies in XBMC, i tried and the only thing I get is a couple of folders, how do I get the icons and names?
Thanks in advance.

#2 j_guzzler

j_guzzler

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 10 January 2005 - 07:17 PM

you get video_ts and audio_ts right, well to get the cover art you need to use the imdb function on XBMC, similar to the cddb function for my music, this will go to www.imdb.com and get the poster art, alternatively (what I do) I manually go to www.imdb.com and get the art from there......Instead of ripping the whole dvd to my xbox i also rip to my pc and then rencode to xvid (.avi) so that the file is smaller and so that there is only one file (dont need the extra stuff yet cause dvd menus aren't supported "yet")

Then you take the album art and rename it "your movie.tbn" (example spiderman.avi would have pster art named spiderman.tbn), when you view the movies in xbmc now, all you see is the movie cover, click that and it plays the movie.

If you want to keep the whole dvd (video_ts ect) then just rename the poster to being "folder.jpg" literally. with this method you get the movie art on the folder but you still have to go into the folder and open up the .ifo to play the movie....hope this helps...

#3 leecher

leecher

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 10:43 PM

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot!!! laugh.gif smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users