• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 booya420420

booya420420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 05:28 AM

Where to begin.. I picked up 2 Duo X2's, the Cromwell Bios(White) as well as the regular (blue) one for mine and a buddy's 1.6 box's.

I followed the diagram's from http://duomodchip.com/english/main.htm for the LPC rebuild and installed the Pin Header, Chip, D0 and BT. I powered it on, it does the 3 reset, red, green flashing.

Now, the D0 on the bottom of the board i toasted pretty bad before I perfected my soldering. So, I soldered the D0 to the top point which is in good shape. Do I need to run a wire from top to bottom D0 if only the bottom one is bad?

Also, a few of the LPC points, LAD0, LAD1, and LAD3 in particular possibly got burnt as well. I hesitate to try the top connection points before I know if they are actually the problem.

If I remove the chip, but leave the LPC rebuild, it still powers on to the red/green flashing. Could one or two bad LPC connections cause this? even though there is no modchip present?

When the chip is plugged in, regardless of whether I power it on with the Power or Eject button, the red light on the chip does blink.

I have tried flicking the bank switch a few times.

I switched from the Cromwell chip to the regular Duo X2, both have the same issue.

The other strange thing, don't know if its relevant or not, once it starts flashing red/green, I can only eject the DVD drive once out of every 10 or 12 times....

I tried to post as much info as I could, I could really use some help figuring this out.

Thanks in Advance

Edited by booya420420, 11 January 2005 - 05:37 AM.

#2 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 January 2005 - 11:27 AM

take it to a pro maybe they can get this baby running again , you need to take the chip out and get the box booting again. You have done damage whilst soldering the points ! sorry this doesn't help much but i dont think you should do anymore to this board !

HackDaBox !

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 January 2005 - 03:28 PM

Don't try and do the other box will you.
It sounds like you pretty much know what your problem is, You can't solder and have knackered the mobo trying to learn.
This may still be fixable but unfortunately not by you, If you did the damage you listed doing the install then the repair is harder. Take it to someone to fix and get them to chip your mates box at the same time.

#4 booya420420

booya420420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 05:14 PM

I have no problems soldering now, it was just the first few connections. I'm trying to find somebody to take it to but in the meantime, I would like to get it to boot to the MS Dash. I have removed the chip but should I also remove all the LPC connections? If it still doesn't boot, what could be the problem?

Thanks for the advice

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 January 2005 - 05:58 PM

The problem is or should I say are ther box will not boot even without the chip if you damaged the Lframe point badly (you have) It will not boot if you have damaged certain LPC connections as these are through connections and are linked to other areas. You can't just burn of the bottom LPC points and expect the top ones to work as they are connected through the board and need to be for correct operation.
To get the box to work you need to repair the damage even if the chip is not to be fitted yet.

#6 ModdingManiac

ModdingManiac

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 January 2005 - 06:32 PM

I think your 1st mistake was trying to learn how to solder on an Xbox motherboard, you should have practiced on an old circuit board 1st. Your best bet now is to take it to someone with some expereince with trace repairing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users