djp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 January 2005 - 10:04 AM

You bought something from http://www.aplusmods.com ?

Please leave your experience, opinion, rating and/or comments here!

Please include from which division ( US / EU / CA ) you bought something.

#2 MODorDie

MODorDie

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:57 PM

DJP and Everyone at A+Modz are great people and they take EXCELLENT care of their customers! I Recommend these guys, hands down...

Good job on the new site, it looks great guys ; ]

noocllez

#3 BULLETTOOTHTONEY

BULLETTOOTHTONEY

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 06:29 AM

Order 307 from houseofmodchips

I've sent one email already... And plenty before that. All went unasnswered except for one. Please cancel my order and credit my card back. My order was placed on december 28th is now jan15th. Nothing has been shipped to me. I dont need the xbox from you. Ive already ordered with someone else and have my xbox already. Please credit me back.

Thanks ED

#4 roo5ter

roo5ter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:57 PM

I ordered an xbox premod (with x2.6) through aplusmods (at the time called houseofmodchips). I can only say good things about them. Originally, I picked houseofmodchips because they had the lowest price for a premod I could find. However, their service & support was superb as well. I placed the order on 12/29/04 and received it today (1/17/05). While this seems like a lengthy wait time, I was suprised that I received it so quickly during a national Xbox backorder and a company changeover. The items works excellent. I can recommend them and will buy again from them.

#5 Chambers

Chambers

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:23 PM

Just want everyone to know what a fine job djp did on my xbox. Basically I had a 1.1 xbox with a Matrix chip on it and the chip decided to die on me. SO I ordered up a new chip and rather than pogo pinning it I asked a friend to solder it on. Turns out turning that soldering something happenned to my d0 points. I then took it upon myself to actually get it done by a professional. I called djp and was able to take my xbox to him that night. Few days later I went to pick it up but the xbox kept fragging. djp checked all points thouroughly and even retraced the d0 points. One of the other guys at AplusMods said he'd like to take a look at it and 5 mins later...BAM, ms bios boots up. These guys resurrected my dead xbox like it was nothing. I will be recommending all my friends to them seeing as how professional they are in their workmanship, very trustworthy, and in the end really cool guys. It's tough to find someone that won't blow smoke in your face, these guys will tell it like it is and mod your system right! In the end I am extremely happy with my xbox now and if any of you are looking for a no nonsense perfectly priced modder in the Southest Michigan area (he also does online mods) I highly recommend djp and APlusMods.

Thanks again djp, you have made this customer extremely pleased!!

#6 Modiller

Modiller

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:46 PM

Djp's always a great guy, and friendly. I always help out in his irc channel on efnet and rarely see a negative issue, which is always handled properly. Djp feel better, I know your not doing the best right now :\ If anyone in his channel needs some tech. support just PM me and I'll gladly help you out smile.gif

www.aplusmods.com smile.gif

#7 FullBuffer

FullBuffer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 06:07 AM

Well, so far my experience hasn't been stellar.

Order # 314.
Ordered Jan 6th, 2005.
Received Jan 15th, 2005.

(At the time I ordered they were houseofmodchips.com) About a week after I made my order, I hadn't received anything and had to contact them myself, only to find that they didn't have any XBox's in stock. I used Live Support, which worked quite well, but was rather surprised at how the individual I was speaking with seemed... I dunno.. not like a professional customer care rep at all... more like someone not particularly well versed at a helpdesk.

In any case, I was informed they had just gotten some in stock and that my XBox would be shipping out soon. I informed the individual with whom I was conversing (err... typing?) that I appreciated the help, but was rather disappointed that I needed to come back to them to find out that my XBox was going to be delayed. One blemish.. but it was minor, so I figured no harm, no foul.

So, I get my XBox and I'm all happy cuzz it's a gift to my 10 yr old nephew.. I finally give it to him only to find that there are NO SCREWS in the XBox at all! Well, not true, there was one screw, the one between the holder for the HD and DVD, but no others.. when we opened the box and took the XBox out, the top just about came off in my nephew's hands. uhh.gif

So, needless to say, I'm not the happiest customer in the world right now. I bought a new XBox, not a refurbished one, so I'm assuming the screws have to be somewhere.

I've sent an email to aplusmods to see how they would like to rectify the situation. I'll update, hopefully with good news, once they've gotten back to me.

#8 P5ycho

P5ycho

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 08:27 PM

Ordered a modchip on the 23rd of january, got an order confirmation en then things got very quiet. after 5 days i decided to email them concerning my order (#460), but until today i have not received a single reply. Several mails were sent, none were answered. aplusmods when you read this or my last mail, consider my order canceled. Any charges on my cc will be reclaimed. Sorry it has to be this way guys.

#9 riedthiel

riedthiel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 05:53 PM

Well I have not had a good experience. They cancelled my order and did not refund my money. When I send e-mails I get no response. When I call their phone number the phone just keeps ringing. RUN AND RUN FAST from these guys.

#10 michaelb187

michaelb187

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 04:25 PM

This site is a joke!! They lie, lie, lie!!!!! They told me my PS2 would ship out 3 different times now with no action. There is no way to contact them. The phone number on the site just rings and rings. All the contact emails are full! ! ! Come on Darrly learn how to run a successful honest business!! I have seen nothing but negative feedback for your site. Step it up and get me my PS2. By the way my order # is 468. I challenge you to make me eat my words!!!

Mike

#11 Jtech|I

Jtech|I

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:20 PM

Great place to order from beerchug.gif

#12 bigbubba7373

bigbubba7373

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:52 PM

outstanding place to buy from A+A+A+ in my book

#13 sk8phreak88

sk8phreak88

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:00 AM

Hey, well not to sure about the guys with bad experiences but for me, my 2 have been great, my second one was delayed 2 days, he sent a free 2.6 for the wait.

#14 gl012yk

gl012yk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:56 AM

I bought a few things from this guy and most of them went real smooth but one.
He forgot about my oreder on one so it took me like a month to get it after couple of e mails. but like I said. other transaction went real smooth. i probably buy from him again because of previous smooth transaction.

#15 matt91

matt91

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(djp @ Jan 11 2005, 05:15 AM)
You bought something from http://www.aplusmods.com ?

Please leave your experience, opinion, rating and/or comments here!

Please include from which division ( US / EU / CA ) you bought something.

View Post

sike i bought from there and my irem never came
DONT BUY from them they will STEAL your money

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users