Mattyb2001uk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 January 2005 - 11:38 PM

I was in the middle of playing a game when the Xbox Switched off. I opened her up, Powered her back on and no Light on the Modchip. I checked the D0 wire and thats fine. I did though, disconnected the wire from the chip to the eject button as I never use Xbox live so I don't need to turn the chip off. Now I'm stuck. All the connections look good. Any Ideas?

#2 Mattyb2001uk

Mattyb2001uk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 09:51 AM

Bump!

#3 antz1970

antz1970

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 January 2005 - 12:31 PM

if using the duox without the BT to eject button wire ,the BT has to be connected to 3.3v (point G on the install diagrams) not sure what number it is tho m8 , maybe someone else can step in and tell ya the number (altho its pretty easy to work out if you have any of the duox2 install diags)

#4 Mattyb2001uk

Mattyb2001uk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 02:15 PM

Appreciated, Thanks. I reconnected it and it works. Another prob is:

I have made a minicase and and the Hdd is located just above the chip. When I shut the case the chip turns off. is it possible that the Hdd is too close and is causing it to switch off. Here is a little diagram. Please excuse the crap drawing. I have burnt my right hand pretty bad on a soldering iron and its in a bowl of cold water.

user posted image

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:02 PM

The pin to connect to is Pin 9 which is 2 up from the D0 pad and is indeed marked on the Duo site as the G point
Its likely the drive is shorting something out if the box shuts of straight away.
If it takes a while then you need to rig some sort of cooling fan but without seeing the case its hard to say

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users