Photo

Xbit 1.5 & Xbox 1.0: Xbox Ignoring Chip?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sphighend

sphighend

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:36 AM

I know there has been a lot of problems, and posts to go along with them when it comes to v1.5 chips and v1.0 xbox's. First off, I have done 6 successful mods with xbit chips but they have all been v1.0 of the chip and various versions of xbox's.

After browsing the forums and finaly figuring out that the xbit1.5 is severly F'd up, I was able to finally get it flashed (or at least I thought). I have flashed (according to the software anywase) the chip roughly 4 times now using differnt spots to put the BIOS on (in case one was bad or something, and YES the switches were matched properly smile.gif ) However when I plug the power and video cables in and boot her up it always grabbs the MS bios. It just strikes me as odd. I have never had the xbox do this, it has always fragged or done something of the sort to let me know that something foriegn is in it biggrin.gif But just grabbing the default BIOS...hmmm. *puzzled*

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a vital step I am missing? Any help would be appriciated, thanks.

#2 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 January 2005 - 03:09 PM

No, from what you have described you are doing everything fine, just that because of the solder filled LPC in a 1.0 xbox, it is insanely hard to get the xbit chip to align properly.
My advice would be to solder it in, but if you dont want to do that, then i would say just to keep re aligning the chip, then booting, re aligning then booting until you get it seated properly.

#3 sphighend

sphighend

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:41 PM

Is this a new issue with the 1.5 chip? The difficult alignment I mean. I never had any problems with the 1.0 chip. I will keep trying to align it then. Bugger.

When does the "sludge hammer fix" become appropriate? dry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users