• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sGun

sGun

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:22 AM

I just got my Spiderchip modchip today and was installing it and realized my holes that I need to stick the wires in are filled in! Not all of them were filled in but 3 of the 5 positions were. The holes are so small that I really have no idea what I could use to 'poke' through them if thats even possble.

Here is an image to show you what holes I mean: http://www.spiderchi...-v11-xbox16.jpg

Thats a little different than my chip but holes A and D are the same and on mine and they are both filled(you can see an 'indent' where the hole is but its not open)

What the heck can I do about this?

#2 CamdogXIII

CamdogXIII

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:Modding xbox's, building computers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:44 AM

i'm not sure if the LPC holes are filled in on a 1.6 or not. but make sure that you have a 1.6 xbox

#3 mrright01

mrright01

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:$, cars, modifying projects on anything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:58 AM

unsure about your board/chip, but are you just running wires to the other side of teh board? you can use other holes in the board, or go around it. or you can desolder the holes(i don't suggest poking/drilling through them) but if you burn them/heat them up too much, you could ruin your mobo.

#4 sGun

sGun

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:59 AM

CamdogXIII: Yeah, first thing I did was make sure I had a 1.6 xbox when I opened it up, which I do.

mrright01: I'm following the guide on SpiderChip.com - You screw the chip onto the mobo covering the LPC and just rest the wires inside the various little holes(forget what there called) however these holes are of course suppose to be open so that you can slip the wire into them.

#5 thesideinguy

thesideinguy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Interests:Solder for a hobby. like too shoot stuff.

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:18 AM

you could go to radio shack and get som wick to desolder the holes or get a Weller Desoldering pump for a profesinal removal. the tool is very useful, so if you plan on doing more than 1 circuit board solder job i would by a pump.
or you could use a very tiny drill bit and reoate between your index finger and thumb. you realy cant screw this up if you do it by hand. it dosnt take to long to get throgh the solder sence its quite soft.

#6 airviper127

airviper127

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:23 AM

my brother had the same problem, he scraped the crap off and tried to solder it in it wasn't working for him so he exchanged it and got a good one, wierd problem.

#7 thesideinguy

thesideinguy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Interests:Solder for a hobby. like too shoot stuff.

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:31 AM

the solder wouldnt stick to the board?

#8 sGun

sGun

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:50 AM

I'll take a picture of my board later today to show you guys what I mean. Basically its like the green covering thats on the board covers up some of the tiny holes I need to stick the wire for the chip into. I have the chip itself in place in the LPC area. This chip is solderless and there is suppose to be an open hole for each of the wires to slip into but half mine arn't open.

You can still see were the holes are but instead of being open they are just little indentations in the green covering. The holes are so small though I doubt a needle could even fit through them so i'm kind of at a loss as to what to do. They arn't soldered shut or anything so they cant be desoldered either.

If I absolutely have to I could probably solder the wires in place but on the board but i'd like to avoid it if possible.

Thanks,

#9 sGun

sGun

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:06 PM

Ok, fixed the problem. My dad had these extremely tiny drill bits and a hand drill we were able to use. Just drilled the holes and slipped in the wires(ok, it wasn't that easy -- more like, drilled the holes, replaced the screw, set the chip and wires in place about 5 or 6 times before we had to resolder a wire back on the chip. Then we used superglue and some kind of tape to hold the chip in place).

Anyways, it all seems to be working now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users