7 replies to this topic

#1 donie

donie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:54 AM

hi

bought two xeniums recently and I've found both are bad, is this normal for xenium? I've read here that there appears to be a high percentage of DOA.

You can blame my soldering but I've soldered the LRP down and go my D0 from the bottom of the board and there is a good connection between the DO on top of the board and the xenim D0 pad.

Both chips behave the same, red ligh comes on and it boots into the xbox dashboard. I've read that this is a D0 problem. My D0 is fine, so does that mean the chip is dead? Is there any signifiance to the colour of the LED on the xenium, does the fact that it lights mean the chip works?

Please help as i'm getting frustrated with this.

Donie

#2 Artifex

Artifex

Kitten Beware...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE(donie @ Jan 13 2005, 02:25 AM)
hi

bought two xeniums recently and I've found both are bad, is this normal for xenium? I've read here that there appears to be a high percentage of DOA.

You can blame my soldering but I've soldered the LRP down and go my D0 from the bottom of the board and there is a good connection between the DO on top of the board and the xenim D0 pad.

Both chips behave the same, red ligh comes on and it boots into the xbox dashboard. I've read that this is a D0 problem. My D0 is fine, so does that mean the chip is dead? Is there any signifiance to the colour of the LED on the xenium, does the fact that it lights mean the chip works?

Please help as i'm getting frustrated with this.

Donie

View Post

Hi Donie,

Could you please tell us from where, and when you purchased your chip. Also, what version xbox are you attempting to install.

The Xenium has a renowned reputation of a VERY low failure/defect rate. Every chip is tested prior to shipment.

Your units are garunteed. Rest assured that they will be replaced in the unlikely event that the chips are determined to be faulty.

The chances of you having TWO faulty chips are astronomically slim.

First guess without more information would be an installation issue. Please provide as much information about your situation as possible.

Thank you,
--Artifex
Team Xodus

#3 donie

donie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:36 AM

Hi Artifex

xBox is 1.4. Soldered the pin header directly onto the board. Soldered onto D0 on bottom of board using the supplied blue/black wire, ran wire back through a free hole of the LRP. Plugged into xenium connector. Plugged in xenium.

Connect a few bits back up, will just boot into MS dash.

Chips bought from www.mrmodchips.com

Edited by donie, 13 January 2005 - 11:37 AM.

#4 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE(donie @ Jan 13 2005, 06:07 AM)
Hi Artifex

xBox is 1.4. Soldered the pin header directly onto the board. Soldered onto D0 on bottom of board using the supplied blue/black wire, ran wire back through a free hole of the LRP. Plugged into xenium connector. Plugged in xenium.

Connect a few bits back up, will just boot into MS dash.

Chips bought from www.mrmodchips.com

View Post

Double check that you're solding to the correct d0 point and that your soldering job is good. Also, be sure you connected the blue wire to d0 and either cut off or grounded the black wire.

#5 donie

donie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:12 PM

Hi again

Can anybody tell me what should happen on bootup. Does the red led on the xenium come on automatically when power is applied or is it switched on my the processor on the xenium?

Is it supposed to change colour when it's detects the D0 signal?

Should the flubber screen appear at all when the chip is working?

Thanks
Donie

#6 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(donie @ Jan 13 2005, 09:43 AM)
Hi again

Can anybody tell me what should happen on bootup. Does the red led on the xenium come on automatically when power is applied or is it switched on my the processor on the xenium?

Is it supposed to change colour when it's detects the D0 signal?

Should the flubber screen appear at all when the chip is working?

Thanks
Donie

View Post

A red LED indicates that your chip[ is getting power.. That's about it biggrin.gif If it was getting power and d0 was connected correctly, it will either boot to the xenium OS, or, if not all of your LPC points are good, FRAG (Eject LED flashing red and green). If it just lights up red and boots to the M$ kernel, your d0 point is not correctly soldered.

#7 Elf_Sniper

Elf_Sniper

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:20 PM

Is your recovery in the wrong place?

I soldered mine it and all it did was give me red LED, then I flicked the recovery switch and all has been well.

#8 donie

donie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 12:16 AM

Hi Guys

Solved it, got a Micro camera from work and had a look at the LPC. there was a dry solder joint even though it looked good with the naked eye. Both chips now work. thanks for the tips.

Donie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users