2 replies to this topic

#1 cookiebray

cookiebray

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:10 PM

Apologies to all for another HDD thread.

Basically a frieind installed an XBIT chip into my Xbox and placed a 160 GB HDD into it. Problem is that different utilities on the XBOX are saying that the HDD is not 160 GB. For example PHXLoader says total HDD is 120,516 (Partition 5) and XBOXplorer totals (all the paritions) 130ish GB. Simply, I want to locate the remaining 30gb. Having read the numerous threads, it appears that this could be the bios not being flashed properly so that it does not see the whole drive. I have the software used to install - Slayer 2.6 and a tool called Xboxtool - and XBMC software.

Can I flash the bios now to see the remainder of the drive or will this corrupt data already there. Or do I need to reformat the HDD in a PC - reflash the bios with XBOXtool so that it enables g drive(?) - totalling 160GB.

XBOX is a 1.1
Using XBMC 1.1.0

#2 gamerguy999

gamerguy999

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:39 PM

He must of flashed the chip with a rather old bios, that does not support hard drives bigger then 137GB. What you need to do is reflash the chip with a bios that does. If you don't want to lose the data that you ha ve on your F: drive at the moment, then I would use the x2 4983.67 bios. Then just insert the slayers 2.5 disc and select format G: drive only.

P.S. Just to make sure that you nreally don't have a G: drive already, Go to the settings of whatever dashboard you are using and make that the G: drive is enabled.

#3 cookiebray

cookiebray

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:27 PM

Placed the slayer 2.6 dvd install in the drive and located the settings. G is enabled. Slayer did not know what type of Bios it was.

Let me get this right... I have EVOX with XBMC (Project Mayhem Skin) on top?

I will try and locate the bios utility and try and flash!

Many thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users