MajestacaL

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 May 2002 - 07:47 PM

I'm not saying that this console will not ever be cracked but its not gonna be to soon GC really thought hard on this new system 1 you have the mini dvdr's which you can get but im sure that they are quite $$$ and 2 the gamecube plays the games counter clockwise so that means we would have to burn the media backwards! But you never now it could just be something simple hehe!

#17 Alec

Alec

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 May 2002 - 10:15 PM

Trust me, if the GC was cracked, we would have heard it by now.

And it READS the games backwards. It doesn't mean they'll have to be burned backwards. They might not even be pressed backwards. The protection is Mitsui's Optical Disc Technology, and that isn't pressed backwards.

Just wait.

#18 MdRT

MdRT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 10:14 PM

Alec, the reading the games from the outside in, is the same as the Xbox. Plus you would be able to use normal dvd's on an open GC case. IMO the last video where they even had a mirror on the back of the TV, is legit.

And just for general info, you can buy those mini dvdrs (1.5GB) but they cost around $10.

#19 ChIBoY

ChIBoY

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 June 2002 - 04:39 AM

Quote (kuntphish @ May 30 2002, 03:06 PM)
Only 2 more days then we find out exactly if the gamecube has been cracked or not.

What exactly do you mean by this?

#20 HyperBlue

HyperBlue

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 June 2002 - 08:33 AM

I think more stuff will come out regarding the GC when the gameshark comes out.

BTW only the panasonic GC can read full size DVDs, even if you put the guts of the machine into a larger case, the laser lens can't reach the end of the disc.

I think the best bet will be an external CD reader as rumours have been flying around aout. Another rumour is that the security on GC discs are on a mini barcode at the beginning of each disc. (sure is looong)
cool.gif

#21 Allysha

Allysha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 June 2002 - 11:18 AM

If full size dvdr was used that would be ok becuase the game would only take up a quarter of the disc , which the gc laser can read up too.

Theres a lot of people trying out stuff with the barcode There are 2 barcodes and one definately affects the booting. I wonde rif teher different for each game though?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users