Savejonas

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 January 2005 - 01:58 AM

Ok then, I recently put a xecuter 2.6 chip on my 1.6 box so I could convert it to NTSC from PAL. The box was only modded long enough to convert then I took out the chip. Everything was fine until today when I disconnected the pin header from the lpc, took apart the lpc rebuild wires, and disconnected the hdd, lan, and d0 wires that came with the chip. Now the box is fraggin. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

#2 chunkylover

chunkylover

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:32 AM

Check for solder splashes, or maybe you damaged the lpc points. A scan of your motherboard might help.

#3 Savejonas

Savejonas

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:46 AM

Hmm, I guess the lpc points would be the most likely cause since I did have a hell of a time getting the pin header out. My camera battery is charging but I'll get a pic up in a second.

#4 Savejonas

Savejonas

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 08:54 PM

Well, after looking it over for a good long while for broken traces or solder splashes, I did not see anything of the sort. When I was installing my chip wires, I had pulled up the LAD0 point, but was able to sneak some solder in the hole so it made a connection. Now, after removing all the wires, there is not really a point and the LAD0 location. Could this be the problem?

#5 shivadow

shivadow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 09:03 PM

XBOX FUNERAL..... the pin header is a tight fit in the LPC points. If u remove the pinheader it will rip the pads away and kill the mobo. U shuda left the pin header in and covered it with something non-conductive like blu-tac. It could b a lifted trace on the d0 point which IS BAD!!, either way it needs lookin at by a pro.

Ahh well... dead mobo's happen all day m8.

Sorry 2 break the bad news. If u know anyone who is experienced in PCB repair they might fix it at a price but dont hold ur breath coz it might be REALLY dead. Worry more about ur HDD with ur saves on it. Mind u, it'll give u sumthin 2 do playin all ur games again.

Edited by shivadow, 15 January 2005 - 09:06 PM.

#6 Savejonas

Savejonas

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 09:29 PM

Yeah, a dead mobo would suck, but thats the price of learning things on your own. Should I attempt to replace the pinheader again to see if that works? Or should I leave it alone and try to get it fixed by someone else?
Thanks for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users