#1 brandon___a

brandon___a

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:06 AM

Hi,

I have installed an x2.6 lite modchip into my xbox. I am sure that I installed it correctly. When I disable the chip it loads just like a normal xbox. When I enable to chip my xbox turns on then off 3 times then flashes red/green. I am trying to install this into a xbox that was previously modded and has a 120g hd with evox. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandon

#2 Shebang

Shebang

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:21 AM

If you haven't already flashed it, then it's a LPC problem. Check all your points on your LPC.

If you have flashed the chip, then it could be a bad bios image, or an incorrect bios for your box.

#3 leeman24

leeman24

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 01:50 AM

hey man just because you dont get a green and red with the chip disabled doesnt mean you installed it correctly. what version of motherboard do you have? if its a 1.6 there is a little rebuilding you have to do on the bottom. also did the chip ever make it to the initial flashbios screen? and if so what size and what type of bios did you flash with?

#4 brandon___a

brandon___a

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 04:41 AM

This is an xbox v1.1. This chip was pre-flashed with the cromwell bios. When the modchip is enabled it shows no video, just powers up and down 3 times then flashes red.

#5 brandon___a

brandon___a

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 04:51 AM

I just noticed, the pin-header has more prongs than the wire install plug. I know some of the prongs on the pin-header are gone in the same place the wires are gone on the plug, so why would the pin-header have more progs? This means that it is connecting to more points on the mobo, right?

#6 leeman24

leeman24

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 07:41 AM

if its a 1.1 board make sure you didnt remove pin 6 from the pogo pins, and you will not need the alternate 5v power source hooked up. hope this helps

#7 brandon___a

brandon___a

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 09:25 AM

I am using the wire method to install. I have installed and uninstalled this chip using the wire method 3 times and every time I get the same results.

#8 brandon___a

brandon___a

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 09:29 AM

Will I need the original HD installed in the xbox if the modchip I am installing has the cromwell bios on it?

#9 WreckeD

WreckeD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 07:13 PM

Mine does exactly the same !

I have an xbox v.1.6 and it turns on and off 3 times and then it flashes red/green without any video output. sad.gif

What have i done wrong?

#10 WreckeD

WreckeD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 09:33 PM

Just to mention: I have the original hd plugged in.. and still the same result as you !

Mine is a version 1.6 ! So i have the 5v connection and also i have installed the rebuild LPC.... everything looks fine !

How i did it:

Pin header install - the 3 LED wires - The rebuild LPC - The 5v connection

Then i plugged all cables back in (and the chip of course tongue.gif)...

And when i turn it on, it turns on and off 2 times then the 3rd time i keeps being turned on but no video output ! uhh.gif

This really sucks !

#11 brandon___a

brandon___a

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 02:02 AM

After installing/uninstalling the wire method 3 times I decided to use the pin-header. Now the damn xbox works fine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users