#1 T-1200

T-1200

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 January 2005 - 12:39 AM

has anyone messed around with the influence.2da file, what settings would you give to start off with maximum influence with all your party.

also is there anyway to start the game with a lightsaber.

#2 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 January 2005 - 05:18 AM

Starting with a saber is simple placeable editing. You can even dump sabers (or whatever) into containers on the Ebon Hawk in the prologue and have them when you wake up.
Bioware's GFF editor - or any of the others - works fine for that.

The influence.2da is only so useful, since your influence constantly changes through the game. You may have 100% at one point and drop to 50% or less 20 minutes later. A bit pointless.

#3 orkdaorc

orkdaorc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 06:35 AM

wait.... is this for kotor 2 for the xbox or kotor for pc because i would like to start with a lightsaber on kotor 2..... if its true and biowares editor does that... that would kick alot of stuff heh

#4 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 07:44 AM

Like most other people, I don't have the PC version (of K2). So yes, this is for the xbox version.
Both can be edited the same basic way. There are better tools than the standard GFF editor, but it works nonetheless.

#5 ReturnoftheCorn

ReturnoftheCorn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:58 PM

right.. can someone link to GFF blabla? ^^

#6 orkdaorc

orkdaorc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 03:49 AM

i cant seem to find any gff files in the kotor 2 folder where are they located at?

#7 T-1200

T-1200

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 06:49 PM

well i edited the influence.2da and changed all the valus from 50 to 750 and i had full influence will all NPCs, but for some reason the influence hack does not work on keria or visas.

#8 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 07:16 PM

The 2da only sets the base starting influence. Scripts handle the rest in spite of changing the base influence.
You aren't going to control the influence for the entire game by editing a single file.

#9 lschell1

lschell1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE(ReturnoftheCorn @ Jan 16 2005, 02:29 PM)
right.. can someone link to GFF blabla? ^^

View Post

Try here
Holowan Laboratories. Kotor2 is very similar to Kotor1 modding except that kotortool has A LOT less functionality. I have been screwing around with it with the tools that Vox has recommended (Modified GFF Editor, Modified NWN Explorer, and BIF Packer/Unloader). To get the 2da files you have to use the BIF P/U tool and extract all of them. You can then view them with KTool's 2da editor or use NWN Explorer. I have been messing around with this for hours and it seems to be a lot like kotor1. It's a lot of fun, though I am no where close to how far Vox has gotten. He must've modded Kotor1 up the wazzu! Anyway, that Holowan Laboratories site has some cool tuts that are really helpful. Hope I helped,
Matt

#10 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 03:37 PM

You might also try Leto for file editing.

http://nwvault.ign.c...132033931.shtml

I prefer it to the GFF editor. It'll handle files that KTool can't, or won't. It's setup for NWN, so disregard the lower left context window, and make sure to use the Advanced Editor function.

#11 damam

damam

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:argueing for the sake of arguement alone
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:05 PM

I have had problems compiling the influence scripts using nwnnsscomp. Ive tried real basic things like change the 8 to a -8 or a 1 on the script that appears to take away influence (im away from my machine and dont remember the script name) to reduce the amount of influence lost or gain influence not matter what I do.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this script not compatible with nwnnsscomp at this time?

#12 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:26 PM

The only reason I can compile scripts is because I have KotOR 1 installed on my PC. Along with that, I had to extract the nwscript.nss from the scripts.bif and add several new scripting functions (unique to K2) and variable defines to it, then rebuild the bif with the updated version.

It's a pain, but it does work.

#13 damam

damam

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:argueing for the sake of arguement alone
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:18 PM

I just cant get this to work - i really do want to modify some of these scripts

can you help me out by posting a link to a tutorial on how to set it up for Kotor2 or maybe a different message board that is actively doing it (I promise not to defect tongue.gif )

I dont have kotor1 for the PC so I cant install it but I thought that wasnt really necessary - I can extract the scripts - I just cant re-compile them - probably the new scripting functions you were refering too

#14 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 11:58 PM

As far as I know, there aren't any forums other than Halowan Labs (which lschell1 posted a link for) that mod the game. For the most part, it's PC oriented. Only a few - myself for one - are working on the xbox.

I've never tried compiling scripts without using the PC game. If there's a way to do it, you'll find it at Halowan Labs. There's a sticky about compiling scripts that might help. Other than that, I really don't know.

Try this:
http://www.lucasforu...threadid=143221

btw.. inc (include) scripts don't compile. They contain external information that other scripts call on and are required TO compile. But the inc script itself, doesn't compile. They can be a real problem with K2.

Edited by VoxAngel, 28 January 2005 - 12:04 AM.

#15 shaggoth

shaggoth

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:51 AM

can anybody just put some lightsaber on peragus? pleeeease smile.gif in any locker you'd like

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users