#1 Pharoh

Pharoh

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 January 2005 - 02:07 AM

my tsop flashed xbox v1.0 is fraggin' and i have no idea what could be the possible problem the cpu heat was 183F before it cut off and started fraggin'. if i bought a modchip could this possibly fix the problem.

#2 Gonzo_PhD

Gonzo_PhD

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 02:11 AM

Yes, possibly. That is pretty high for the temp though.

#3 Pharoh

Pharoh

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 02:19 AM

i know the temp was i thought that it cut off because it was runnin hot but it wouldn't cut back on after sitting, this isn't because the clamp is broken is it.
is the duox 2 chip okay im tryin to save money x3 is too xpensive

Edited by Pharoh, 15 January 2005 - 02:21 AM.

#4 Jmcatch742

Jmcatch742

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 02:29 AM

holy crap, was ur fan on? The duox is a perfectly fine chip. The x3 comes with lots of features only really advanced people can use.

#5 Pharoh

Pharoh

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE(Jmcatch742 @ Jan 15 2005, 03:00 AM)
holy crap, was ur fan on? The duox is a perfectly fine chip. The x3 comes with lots of features only really advanced people can use.

View Post

yea fan was on i dont know y it was runnin so hot when it had just been turned on.

#6 LSCerberus

LSCerberus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 04:30 AM

that heat sounds like you have either something giving a false report of temp or thats so high you fried something. overheat can cause permanant damage. anyone whos ever ran a P3 without suffucent cooling knows that as they had a tendency to shut down AFTER their max tolerable temp.

#7 Pharoh

Pharoh

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 06:10 AM

i think the temp might have been incorrect cause the mobo temp wasnt even in 100 but now its fraggin' so i figure i can purchase a chip and maybe that will stop the fraggin' if it doesnt it didn't cost that much and i can sell it to someone else anyway.

#8 Big_L

Big_L

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 15 January 2005 - 08:42 AM

well, the xbox frags because it can't load a bios, so if the mobo is still in good shape, and you just fucked the bios, then you should be able to put a chip in there and boot to the chip's bios.

the X3 has additinal features that are clearly built to help noobs, they are most definately not just for "advanced people." Bios flashing, hdd upgrade, bios customization, and much more are all made sooooo much easier with the X3. Same goes for the Xenium ICE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users