Photo

Aladdin Xt Lite With Pinheader In V1.0 Xbox?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stiller123

stiller123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 06:41 PM

I can't find complete diagrams/tutorials for the installation of an Aladdin Xt Lite with Pinheader in my v1.0 xbox.

I already connected the d0 points on mainboard and chip and the chip rests on the installed pinheader. Now I'm not sure if I also need the BT point. Do I have to ground the BT point now so that the modchip is always on?

I don't want to power it on yet because I'm quite sure something is missing and I don't want to damage my xbox .

PLEASE HELP!!!

I used google and the search-function of this message board but most information is about later xbox-versions and the few diagrams I found describe slightly different versions of the modchip or I have doubts about them.

A link to good tutorial or diagram for v1.0 installation would be much appreciated.

I can't wait much longer, so I will go by trial and error soon...

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 January 2005 - 12:09 AM

Connect the BT point on the chip to the left side of R3G3.
Xbox D0 to Chip D0
connect the chip to the LPC vis the pinheader
quick tap and the chip is not enabled on boot
1 to 2 sec push and the chip should boot enabled.

#3 Unseen Shadow

Unseen Shadow

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 12:26 AM

Well...i know Chancer has more experience than I do in this field...but...since you are a novice at this...and i would recomend this far above soldering to those pesky surface moint resistors....and since you will be takin the mobo out anyway to solder the pinheader in it isnt a lot of extra work...use the alternate bt point on the bottom of the mobo...or the one on the back of the power and eject board....2nd point from the bottom i believe...dont quote me on that one tho

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 January 2005 - 12:58 AM

Unseen Shadow I agree. For the novice at soldering it is much easier to use the alternate BT point. ONly us ethe top one if you are confident you will not damage the resistor.
the bottom one is defo way easier.

#5 stiller123

stiller123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 05:21 PM

I used this alternate BT point on the mainboards backside and it worked.
user posted image

Thanks a lot for your help! That R3G3 really seems difficult to solder.

One thing that I didn't expect is that I have to press the EJECT-button one second to power on the chip. That's because of the BT point I used, right?

#6 Unseen Shadow

Unseen Shadow

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 07:58 PM

blink.gif Um...i hope you mean the power button...pretty sure you do...yea...the alt points are a total help...topside is probably more convienient...but if you are doing a pin header anyway....and you have already gone through all the (not a lot)trouble of taking out the mobo...then using the underside points is good...i personally like it...because i get to hide all of my wiring under the mobo wink.gif

makes for a nice clean lookin install...glad to hear you are up and runnin

Oh yeah..and by the way...that diagram by Slanger...i know him lol....he made that diagram when he and i were having an argument about those pesky surface mount resistors...and how one install he did...ended up with a half red half green eject lite as a result of a lil too much heat i think...so he decided to whip out teh multi meter..and viola...then some danksen guy did it....and cat dog ended up using his...but Slanger's was the first...to my knowledge...i had always figured there was a bunch of alt points at least for bt anyway...because...its just the time the power button is pushed...so...theres the coresponding cable on the p/e harness....the 2nd point from the bottom on the p/e board....the point on the bottom of where the power wire is on the p/e socket....(the one that you used)...

Cheers,

Shadow

#7 stiller123

stiller123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:11 AM

Thanks for the information again!

I really meant the eject-button. I can press the power button as long as I want to but the modchip isn't powered on. In fact the original bios instantly comes to life when I start to press the power button. The eject-button on the other hand works like the power button should:

Tap-> original
1 sec press -> evox

With the annoying side-effect that the tray comes out, of course.

Strange...

Well, I think I'm going to ground the modchips BT as I won't play on Live in the near future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users