REZN8TED

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 January 2005 - 10:19 AM

I was messin around with Unleash X, and figured out that you can change the menu sounds to whatever you want!!!

This is what you do...

1) Open your box up in your FTP client

2) Go into C:\Audio\MainAudio\

3)BACK UP EVERYTHING IN THIS DIRECTORY!!!!!!

4) Then you just simply get the sound you want, and name it to the menu sound you want to use it for...(Must Be in .WAV Format)

Ex. I got a sound of Lil Jon goin "Yeah" and saved it as "Global A Button Select", then replced it with the one that was in the directory...So now when I select somethin I have Lil Jon goin "Yeah"!!!

Continue to use this same method to replace all of your main menu actions audio!

So far I have figured out these Actions Audio....

"Global A Button Select.wav" = The sound when you select an option in the main

menu!

"Global B Button Back.wav" = The sound when you go back in the main menu!

"Global Main MenuBack3ver2.wav" = The sound when you scroll up in the main

menu!

"Global Main MenuFwd3ver2.wav" = The sound when you scroll down in the main

menu!

As far as I know these sounds can be as long as you desire...

I used Cool Edit Pro to conver my audio into .WAV fromat, and used Sound Recorder to chop out the parts I wanted.

I am including my first custom menu sounds that I did, for a quick test for those of you to lazy to do it!

I DO NOT know if this has been posted before (I am fairly new to this forum), therefore please don't flame me tellin me that this has already been posted...I DID NOT KNOW!!!

NOTE: Your M$ Dash will fail to boot properly when editing these sounds!!! It will boot up correctly when u re-apply the orignal audio files!

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, DON'T COME COMPLAINING TO ME IF YOU F YOUR XBOX UP DOIN THIS....THAT IS YOUR OWN PROBLEM laugh.gif

Other than that hope this has been useful to you guys and if this was already posted, I hope it has been useful to anyone who had not known about it!!!

beerchug.gif CHEERS beerchug.gif

Oops, I did not realize I couldn't upload files unsure.gif SORRY!

Edited by REZN8TED, 16 January 2005 - 10:21 AM.

#2 Sigwood

Sigwood

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 11:10 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the latest build of UnleashX allow for selection of custom menu sounds in the Audio menu without having to modify the original xboxdash audio files?

#3 REZN8TED

REZN8TED

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 January 2005 - 11:19 AM

I am not sure but now that I remember I think I did see something in the audio menu that had to do with directories! I am to tired to check now, but I guess you could be right sad.gif All that time I though I figured out one of the coolest things. Ha Ha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users