RSX_Integra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 01:00 AM

ok let's put on our thinking caps, and think this thru

http://nicolas.cx/gr...xir/default.asp

Turn on and off your xbox from the confort of your couch or bed using the XIR and the Xbox DVD playback kit remote.
Also control your modchip, enable and disable any LPC style modchip. (Controls D0)

ok that wire that controls the d0 point.

i m sure that was used to open and close the tray instead??

anyone know which wire it is to control the xbox tray? open/ close the tray... not to disable the damn mod chip sad.gif wink.gif

anyone ideas?

RSX

#2 RSX_Integra

RSX_Integra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 01:03 AM

btw the video here

http://xboxscene.ifr...s-functions.wmv

Edited by RSX_Integra, 28 February 2003 - 01:04 AM.

#3 red1busta

red1busta

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 01:31 AM

what the heck is he saying?

#4 xboxlord

xboxlord

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 February 2003 - 01:48 AM

speaking french, look the link says ifrance.com

#5 RSX_Integra

RSX_Integra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 02:02 AM

i dunno wut he's saying either...

but still... anybody with ideas for this?

it'd be cool to open and close the tray also laugh.gif muhaha.gif pop.gif love.gif

beerchug.gif

RSX

#6 IntestineMan

IntestineMan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 11:32 PM

The XIR by greengiant has nothing to do with that video. That video is a demonstration of the new PC-NitroXX with optional IR control add-on. You can select different BIOS banks, turn Xbox on/off and eject the tray with the remote. It looks very kewl but this require the PC-NitroXX and cannot be used with other modchips.

The XIR Easy by greengiant is simply used to turn on/off the Xbox. I bought one and it works great. I highly recommend it if you do not have the parts and ability to make one yourself (or are just lazy like I am).

I did not wire up the optional D0 control, but I am told that if you wire pin17 on the XIR to D0, then you can enable or disable the LPC modchip depending on whether you use Display or Select button on the remote to turn on the Xbox. I presume you have to remove D0 connection from original LPC mod, because of this I imagine that Matrix users may need some further modification. I don't consider this a real important feature though and the ability to turn on/off Xbox via the IR remote is just so kewl.

I am sure you could modify it to eject the tray on power-on instead of D0, but I am not sure what real usefulness this would be in real-world situation. If you eject the tray remotely, are you going to try throwing a disc in it from across the room? jester.gif Usually when you put the disc in, you are in close proximity of pressing Eject.

#7 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 April 2003 - 07:08 PM

Does this remote on/off mod go in the xbox (i presume), or in the actual remote?
http://nicolas.cx/gr...xir/default.asp

#8 xboxlord

xboxlord

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 April 2003 - 08:36 PM

i wonder..if you use a standard rca remote with your xbox, can you use the eject button to open the tray?

#9 greengiant

greengiant

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 07:25 PM

Foe-hammer: The XIR goes inside your xbox, and the tiny IR Receiver sticks out.

xboxlord: It is said that the Xbox Dvd Remote is really an RCA DVD Remote. So you should be able to use the RCA Remote with the XIR.

RSX_Integra: The D0 Control can't be used for ejecting since it is only enabled/disabled upon power-up. The eject has been requested by a few people, but the reason I haven't implemented is, Why ?. If you eject you want to change the cd, but to change the cd you must manually do it, therefore you can also manually press the eject button.

#10 RSX_Integra

RSX_Integra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (greengiant @ Apr 16 2003, 08:25 PM)
Foe-hammer: The XIR goes inside your xbox, and the tiny IR Receiver sticks out.

xboxlord: It is said that the Xbox Dvd Remote is really an RCA DVD Remote. So you should be able to use the RCA Remote with the XIR.

RSX_Integra: The D0 Control can't be used for ejecting since it is only enabled/disabled upon power-up. The eject has been requested by a few people, but the reason I haven't implemented is, Why ?. If you eject you want to change the cd, but to change the cd you must manually do it, therefore you can also manually press the eject button.

greengiant.. i m glad u're still around.. becuz my xir receiver (the one i bought from u) will not power up anymore...

have any idea wut the reason could be? everything in my xbox works fine, but it pissed me off when it wouldn't start with my remote anymore...

btw i have the old version... the one with no professional pcb...

is there anyway u can arrange a swap for us? i noticed that the new ones on ur site look great, but the old one that i have purchased from you isn't working anymore...

1. no professional pcb..
2. the points are connected very weak..
3. everything is CRAMPED together...

o, and the paypal i bought with from you is RSX_Integra@hotmail.com

thanks get back at me!

RSX

#11 greengiant

greengiant

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 09:30 PM

Hello,
I'm not sure what the problem is.

But i'm more than happy to exchange it.
Send me an email at green@nicolas.cx with your Ship Info, then I will send you the return address. Upon receipt I will send out a new XIR.

Sorry for any inconveneience you may have experienced.

I'm always striving for customer support of the highest level. A happy customer, is a good customer.

#12 RSX_Integra

RSX_Integra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 11:32 PM

thank you greengiant!!!

i sent u an email...

I want everybody to know tat he is not a scam either.. he is very fast on shipping and very realiable!

I love ur work! keep it up

reply soon smile.gif

RSX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users