• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MachoAnders

MachoAnders

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 05:59 PM

I wanna transfer som dvdr-movies I have to the xbox HDD and play them from there.

What program should I use, and what format should the movie files bee in, iso, vob?

#2 netdevil69

netdevil69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Playing the Drums and Bass. Listen to music (rock, punk, funk). Building Computers. hmmm..Xbox?
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:02 PM

Use dvd2xbox to rip them to the xbox, and use XBMC to play the vob files, theres not menu support yet, but it plays the vob files fine.

#3 MachoAnders

MachoAnders

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:12 PM

Yeah I know, but if you rip them first to a computer and make ISO files of them, and then transfer them to the xbox and play them in XBMC, you dosent have to change everytime a vob-files end. however, the menues are still fucked up.

But my idea is that if XBMC would play .ISO files, some other program (like for example DVDX) would allos, but in (say DVDX) the menus works fine.

However I havent managed to get DVDX to play the ISO files. Now the vob files either, dont know how to start them?!?!

#4 netdevil69

netdevil69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Playing the Drums and Bass. Listen to music (rock, punk, funk). Building Computers. hmmm..Xbox?

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:31 PM

DVDX can only play DVDs from the DVD drive, with menu support

No matter what format a dvd is in XBMC does not support menus

XBMC can play Vob files, DVDX cant play vob files forom the HDD

#5 MachoAnders

MachoAnders

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:38 PM

Ok, bad.

But i must say that its strange that no one has made a program that has menu support and is able to play vobs och ISOs from the HDD.

I meen, if XBMC is able to do that, it can't be so hard to fix...

#6 netdevil69

netdevil69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:43 PM

The coding involved in DVD menu support is extremely complex. There is a project to get menu support into XBMC, you might want to take a trip to there home page and make a paypal donation if its something youd like to see as a feature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users