Devo2399

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 January 2005 - 07:05 PM

Does anyone know of a website or a tut where I can find out exactly what all of the points on my Aladdin Xt's do? I know allot of them are for LCD but there is a small sqaure of 4 connectors in the one corner that says LED... Does anyone know what these are for?and which ones do what?

#2 Unseen Shadow

Unseen Shadow

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 07:14 PM

top two are for a resistor....bottom two are for a led.....and by bottom i mean the two pads by the world LED...i dont remember which is + and which is -....do a search...ive got too much studying to do at the moment to go and look for you....and you arent helpless....i think there may be a link to it in catdog2's extending the life expectancy of a 1.6 with a resistor thread.

-as you should know...these pads are for a led...and to my knowledge...is shows that the chip is recieving power. or has a good connection...one of the two. im gonna try it out on the next install i do...i have about 4 or 5 installs to do...but no chips....my package from taiwan has been delayed sad.gif ....oh well...that cant be helped...ill let you know...i suggest a 100 ohm resitor if you are going to try it...as the pads willeither likely output 3.3 volts..which would be perfect for the led...or 5 volts which is too much and a 100 ohm will keep it from blowing the led...pm me if you do it as im interested to see how it turns out..and i may do it as a vent led lite...as an on/off indicator, as oposed to using l1.

Hope that helped

Cheers,

Shadow

#3 Devo2399

Devo2399

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 09:40 PM

I spend a lot of time searching through these forums and I have yet to come accross a thread on this subject..If anyone has any insight please let me know...

#4 Unseen Shadow

Unseen Shadow

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 10:25 PM

well...aparantly you didnt look too hard....if you found catdog2's thread on extending the life of a 1.6 wit a resistor...this was on one of the mirror sites for the tutorial

Xt Leds

....take a few pics if you get around to doing this...i am soooo...out of chips at the moment...that reminds me i have to send an email off to taiwan to see about getting more chips here on rush delivery as my customers are all getting bitchy.

Cheers,

Shadow

#5 Devo2399

Devo2399

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 10:29 PM

Thank-YOu, I searched the Xbox-Scene forums... but not the mirrors and other sites.. I will try this out an dget some pics up...

#6 Unseen Shadow

Unseen Shadow

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 11:07 PM

....i think there may be a link to it in catdog2's extending the life expectancy of a 1.6 with a resistor thread.

...i told you where to look wink.gif ...but yea..shoot me off a pm when youve done it..how it turned out n possibly email some pics...i would have done it ages ago if i had any chips in stock..well i do have one chip in a premod i was gonna sell i could try that..but exams get priority at the moment...gotta study:(..guess that means i better get off xs then...ne way..let me know

Cheers,

Shadow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users