CrakkedOut

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 January 2005 - 07:50 PM

aight so i figured id try these out. i liked them but didnt like them so i replaced the main_menu.xip and memory.xip files back with the originals.....

well i reboot, and no music is playing. i goto the audio player, and it show i have NO music at all. ive ftp'd into the tdata and it shows my music in that fff*** folder.

i didnt have any problems with playing music before installing these skins.

wondering what can i do to fix this.

#2 gasclown

gasclown

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 January 2005 - 09:36 PM

lol - there is absolutely no possible way a skin could have corrupted your soundtrack saves.

believe me - i screw around with skins (and xips) a LOT!

#3 CrakkedOut

CrakkedOut

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:03 AM

while u sit there LOL im sittin here pissed off because the shit did happen and now i got "no music" in the soundtrack. grr.gif

maybe it was from that memory.xip file that came with that one skin that did it

#4 gasclown

gasclown

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 01:52 AM

This will be my first flame ever here at XS.

Unless YOU altered the new scriptables to do something like "DEF theHardDrive HardDrive......" from the mainmenu or subs on a button press or someshit there is ABSOLUTLEY NO WAY (see above - are you're eyes painted on or are they just for show?) that my skin could have corrupted all your Boy George and Communards songs.

I know perfectly well what your problem _may_ be and how to fix it, its a common thing with UIX and there for good reason. Also, its fixable within a couple of clicks (and its nothing to do with anything you may or may not have gotten that was altered by me). But seeing as you chose to blame me instead of your own obvious ineptitude you can work it out for yourself or wait for one of the other thousands of people who know as well - to tell you.

and you've obviously been in the chan, so next time your in why dont u ask jbOnE or Gcue if what your saying is possible.

I know what the fuck i'm doing - You clearly do not.

idiot

#5 LyfsUXKuNT

LyfsUXKuNT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 January 2005 - 02:12 AM

calm down bro...breathe.......

#6 wassco

wassco

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 January 2005 - 03:24 AM

i agree wiht gasclown, he pretty much is THE genious on xip/xap coding and ****en around wiht at the moment, hes the one kicken out these wicked skins and such, if he says there no way less YOU screw it up, then just piss off and accept it...i for one know hes correct, cuzz i downlaoded both and i didnt lose my songs at all

#7 HomicidalMo0se

HomicidalMo0se

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE(wassco @ Jan 17 2005, 03:55 AM)
i agree wiht gasclown, he pretty much is THE genious on xip/xap coding and ****en around wiht at the moment, hes the one kicken out these wicked skins and such, if he says there no way less YOU screw it up, then just piss off and accept it...i for one know hes correct, cuzz i downlaoded both and i didnt lose my songs at all

View Post

ditto.

#8 CrakkedOut

CrakkedOut

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 07:16 AM

i altered NOTHING except for moving the skin files into their directories.

and wow gasclown, bein so sensitive and defensive tsk tsk....why? just cuz i didnt agree with you? thas all all that happens and u think im blaming YOU....uh no....im talking about the skins that i used and what it did. resortin to lil Boy George comments.....tiz a shame......get over it seriously.

i tell u what i did and what happened and this the type of shit i get back.

#9 gasclown

gasclown

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 07:45 AM

Its simply impossible for a skin (or a mainmenu or memory.xip) to do that.

you made the angry face tongue.gif

now clear the cache.

if its some other problem you can rebuild with xbox soundtrack manager.

#10 CrakkedOut

CrakkedOut

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:09 AM

cleared the cache, but that didnt work. i replaced the st.db with my old one and now that works. it only shows the tracks that i had last month and doesnt show the 50 new songs i put on there, which kinda sucks.

#11 Aequitas ZERO

Aequitas ZERO

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:53 PM

This has nothing to do with skins, but once I was listening to a CD with UIX and I launched an app... When I went back to the dash, my CD had disappeared from my soundtracks. Cleared chache and all that but it didn't show back up so I just put it back on with Soundtrack Manager. Any ideas what happened?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users