• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 brownie

brownie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:33 AM

Alright guy`s, i`m all new to this, i installed a Executer 2.6 chip the other day into my version 1.1 xbox, the chip works fine all the lights come on in and the bios screen comes up when plugged in!
i downloaded the bios and bearnt it onto a DVD then went through the steps to flash the chip! it all works fine and the loading screen comes on the bar goes up and the xbox switxh`s off, The problem is when i switch it back on it goes straight to the bios screen again as if it hasn`t flashed at all, i havn`t a clue what`s going on,can u help?

cheers brownie

#2 DevoDave

DevoDave

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 January 2005 - 01:51 PM

You might have flashed the BIOS, but your harddisk does not have an alternative dashboard to execute.

See if a backup/homebrew disk executes.

#3 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 January 2005 - 07:09 PM

make sure flash protect is off

BTW, wrong forum

#4 malq

malq

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:38 PM

check that the bios is the correct size 512K not 256K. I flashed my bios originally with a 256K and had the same problem, resized it to 512K and bingo!!

#5 paulos

paulos

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(brownie @ Jan 17 2005, 12:04 PM)
Alright guy`s,  i`m all new to this, i installed a Executer 2.6 chip  the other day into my version 1.1 xbox, the chip works fine all the lights come on in and the bios screen comes up when plugged in!
i downloaded the bios and bearnt it onto a DVD then went through the steps to flash the chip! it all works fine and the loading screen comes on the bar goes up and the xbox switxh`s off, The problem is when i switch it back on it goes straight to the bios screen again as if it hasn`t flashed at all, i havn`t a clue what`s going on,can u help?

cheers brownie

View Post

after you've flashed the bios, and it turns off. swirch on the flash protection and change the bank. from 2 to 1 or vice versa. then switch it on. Wierd I know but thats the only way mine loaded up, and yeah make sure you flashed with a 512kb bios

#6 brownie

brownie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:05 PM

WIll these tequnices work even though i have a Philips drive?
i`ve been asking around and some people r saying i need a external flash device, do i?
cheers

#7 paulos

paulos

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE(brownie @ Jan 18 2005, 06:36 PM)
WIll these tequnices work even though i have a Philips drive?
i`ve been asking around and some people r saying i need a external flash device, do i?
cheers

View Post

its obviously working as your manageing to flash the bios in the first place, so the cd is being recognised.

try the above steps that ppl have said then report back if it doesnt work

#8 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:24 PM

No, you shouldn't need a programmer, unless you totally messed up the flash (i.e. resized the bios to 1024Kb and flashed BOTH banks, etc).

DevoDave has the best idea. If you've flashed the chip (but haven't installed an alternate dashboard, try and boot a backup game or something like an Evox bootdisc, or even Slayers).

Since you have a v1.1 Xbox, I assume you chose to flash an Xecuter bios to your Xecuter chip (or maybe you chose an Evox bios, for reasons that I can't fatho). In either case, check the boot screen (with the "X" logo) for any changes when booting from the flashed bank.

If you see the words "Xecutor 2" rather then Micro$oft at the bottom, the flash is good. If you went with an Evox bios, you can't miss the Evox logo in the upper left corner.

#9 brownie

brownie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:39 AM

Alright there, cheers for the info but hit another problem,
i right created a boot disk made sure i got the right bios, tried to flash my chip again all worked fine, the bar came up, machine switched off, but when i turned it on, it powered up then switched off. it did this a few times till it switched on and then the power light started flashing red at me! now it won`t even go to the bios screen on either bank! grr.gif grr.gif
what have i done!!!!! uhh.gif

#10 brownie

brownie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:37 PM

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME IN MY HOUR OF NEED!!!!!
I`LL BE UR BESTEST FRIEND FOREVER!!!

#11 alfakennyone

alfakennyone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE(brownie @ Jan 19 2005, 03:10 AM)
Alright there, cheers for the info but hit another problem,
i right created a boot disk made sure i got the right bios, tried to flash my chip again all worked fine, the bar came up, machine switched off, but when i turned it on, it powered up then switched off. it did this a few times till it switched on and then the power light started flashing red at me! now it won`t even go to the bios screen on either bank! grr.gif  grr.gif 
what have i done!!!!!  uhh.gif

View Post

I have this same problem does anyone know what needs to be done?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users