#1 Koopa

Koopa

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 12:00 PM

Okay,

I've got a v1.0 and desoldered the LPC holes to install a headerpin for the x2lite.

anyway, long story short i ended up wiring the x2lite with the wires.

took the x2lite out to test out some cheapmods (using wires)

and now, one of the holes i just can't get solder to stick to, i've had to improvise and sort of stick the wire in the hole (it's messy but the xbox works LOL).

what can i do? how can i get the solder to stick? it sticks on every other LPC hole on either the top or the bottom of the mainboard, just not this hole.

and i NEED it sticking so i can permanently have my x2lite in there...(using wires or headerpin, solder will still need to stick)

thanks in advance!

#2 udhorky

udhorky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Koopa @ Feb 28 2003, 01:00 PM)
Okay,

I've got a v1.0 and desoldered the LPC holes to install a headerpin for the x2lite.

anyway, long story short i ended up wiring the x2lite with the wires.

took the x2lite out to test out some cheapmods (using wires)

and now, one of the holes i just can't get solder to stick to, i've had to improvise and sort of stick the wire in the hole (it's messy but the xbox works LOL).

what can i do? how can i get the solder to stick? it sticks on every other LPC hole on either the top or the bottom of the mainboard, just not this hole.

and i NEED it sticking so i can permanently have my x2lite in there...(using wires or headerpin, solder will still need to stick)

thanks in advance!

Get some flux... Coat it up really well. Tin your wire by putting some soilder on to it. Go from there... the flux will help the soilder "flow" correctly and should give you a good connection. Good luck...

BTW, icase you have not heard of flux before you can get it at Radio Shack.

#3 Koopa

Koopa

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 12:19 PM

I'm actually in Australia, so we don't have "Radio Shack" and instead we have "Tandy". But sometimes (alright a lot of the time), the products at Tandy are shit.

While they might be at Radio Shack, they probably won't be at Tandy.

Anyway, point is, if I can't get flux (btw what type of flux should I buy?) then is there any other way to MAKE SURE that the solder sticks to that LPC hole?

#4 Devenic

Devenic

Avalaunch Team

• PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 February 2003 - 05:03 PM

Flux is the THE WAY to make it stick. Make sure you buy a non-corrosive flux (not plumber's flux, or something for 1970's electronics). Mail-order it if you have to.

See this thread: http://forums.xbox-s...t=33174&hl=flux

Edited by Devenic, 28 February 2003 - 05:07 PM.

#5 davidhes

davidhes

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Computer, Rugby League

Posted 28 February 2003 - 07:59 PM

Hey man im from aus to and get all my shit from tandy you should be able to get flux there ive gotten it before except you aree right they normally have shit all there but most stuff is actually imported from radio shack just look at the labels they say it! If there is a jaycar anywhere near you go to them they have heaps of good soldering equipment!

#6 Melb_Xbox

Melb_Xbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 09:20 PM

as per above flux should do it..... i never use it though.

dick smith electronics has 0.57mm super solder, its got plenty of free flux already in the core - makes things really sticky.

#7 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 09:25 PM

just use flux and solder with harsh

#8 nautiazn85

nautiazn85

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 11:55 PM

Clean the point first (de-soldering braid), and then use flux... flux should do it though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users