#1 Swampdonkeys

Swampdonkeys

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:51 PM

I am not sure if this would be the right section for this! I have my comp and I am looking to 2 hdd in it, but I want them compleatly seprate from eachother so I am wondering if, I pluged both HDD in set both of them to Master and then took the power wire and spliced it and put it on a toggel switch so it would send power to witch HDD I selected and boot that HDD. Can anyone see a fault in this! Or have any other suggestions

#2 celinedrules

celinedrules

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:11 AM

What is your goal by doing this?

#3 Swampdonkeys

Swampdonkeys

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:19 AM

I hope to have basicly 2 seprate comp's, 1 for my wife and kids and one for me and my xbox stuff, sat, movies etc. I want them compleately seperate so the cannot mess up my HDD, with viruses, accedintal deleate's etc. I have been their already twice. So I figured since I already have 2 HDD.

#4 celinedrules

celinedrules

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:23 AM

You can install a boot manager. There are many to choose from. Here is a link to an example: http://www.osloader.com/ You can boot multiple versions of the same OS too.

#5 david_52_17

david_52_17

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:24 AM

there is a xbox mod like that so it should work

#6 Swampdonkeys

Swampdonkeys

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:38 AM

Thanks for the link. I have one question though, for this to work I would have to set one HDD to Master and the other to Slave (or Cable Select) for the bios to work/regester both HDD and if I do this it would show the second HDD in my comp, would it not? And if it did that It could be effected by viruses, ........

#7 cracksmoke

cracksmoke

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 04:38 AM

partation the HD and then viruses cant or willnot have a easy time crossing partations depending on the type of comp and bios you have you can sometimes have 2 OS's on the same HD and not interfier with each other during start up you will be asked what OS you want to boot to and iit should not create problems

but what I would do is get a old comp for the kids and wife to use you can get one from ebay for like $200 and it is not bad all you would nead is atleast a 733mhz with 128megs of ram and a 10 gig HD that should cost onle $200 or $250

if that is not an option then you must school your family on how to use the comp and what not to do if they cant learn then they dont use it that is how I do it my son knows what to do or not to do if he messes up the comp by downloading something then I make him fix it and show him what to do to fix it and explain to him what has happened

the way I see it people should nead a liscence to use a computer like to drive a car or fly a plane the reason is so people dont have to deal with stupid people who dont know what they aare doing why nead a liscence to drive I can say that I can drive and if I dont have a liscence I cant no matter if I drive race cars for a living I still nead a liscence it should be the same for computers

#8 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:03 AM

teachign them how to sue teh pc properally would be a better way of doing things. and get yourself a good virus protection software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users