6 replies to this topic

#1 B-shizzle

B-shizzle

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:14 AM

I'm getting a 07, and the HD is making a clicking sound......So I took it part looks like the thing that reads the disc it bad. So can't I just take the disc out and swap just the disc with another hd??? and have all the info like the eeprom???

#2 swwolden

swwolden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE(B-shizzle @ Jan 17 2005, 11:45 PM)
I'm getting a 07, and the HD is making a clicking sound......So I took it part looks like the thing that reads the disc it bad. So can't I just take the disc out and swap just the disc with another hd??? and have all the info like the eeprom???

View Post

Sorry buddy those hard drives are assembled inside a clean room. there can be no dust whatsoever on those disks. too bad you opened it up.

#3 Rockwell108

Rockwell108

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:35 AM

hard drives "can" be opened and survive the stunt....but i think you have a dead drive there. the clicking is the head slamming itself into the disk....probably not repairable. Sorry.

I have seen drives opened so the casing can be modified for a window, its a cool feature...but very risky!

#4 jonrees69

jonrees69

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Interests:Crystal Xbox/Blue LED crystal ring/V1.0/X3/250gb/EvoX/dvd2xbox/xbmc<br />Chip Fitter-www.purepc.co.uk<br />
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:13 PM

The drives that survived were put immediately into a sealed area - be it a zip bag or plastic seal tight box.

Some IBM/Hitachi Deskstars get the 'click of death' - which indicates as it says.

But, yes, if you have opened it - that's it I'm afraid. Hope you made a backup ?? ...

The even worse bit is that error 7 may have only been a loose connection or bad cable going to the hard drive. Had it been upgraded?

J

#5 B-shizzle

B-shizzle

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 11:56 PM

it was not a lose cable, I even tried pluging it into m Moded box........is there anything I can do other then a chipping it??

#6 SpookieStylez

SpookieStylez

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 January 2005 - 12:11 AM

now your got abouta pound of garbage

sorry about ya luck
check the llamma.com for some mobo+hdd combos

sS

#7 SpookieStylez

SpookieStylez

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 January 2005 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE(B-shizzle @ Jan 18 2005, 06:27 PM)
it was not a lose cable, I even tried pluging it into m Moded box........is there anything I can do other then a chipping it??

View Post

that made absoultely NO SENSE...you cant just go switching stock xbox hdd's from box to box...of course its still going to error..each oem xbox hdd is locked(eeprom) to the mobo it was shipped w/...if the hdd you have will not work on its origonial motherboard...then your screwed...its possible to put a modchip on that xbox and add a larger hdd etc...or just go online and buy a motherboard+hdd combo...good luck ......after you open a hdd...unless your in a clean room...the hdd is fucked...i wanted to make a hdd window for my 120gig but i dont have acess to such a place
this is what a hdd window looks like

sS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users