#1 JebusChrist

JebusChrist

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 03:42 PM

OK here is the deal:

I was planning to add a mod chip soon, and I have the 1.0 xbox with the Thompson drive. The problem was, that it was getting to the point where it wouldnt read ANY CDRW media, even discs that had previously worked.

So I proceeded to preform the POT tweak. I followed the tutorials to the' T'. I set the OHMS to 950. Re-assembled and tried a CDRW..no luck. So I tried an original xbox DVD game disc....no luck. DVD movie... no luck. It keeps reporting the error "Cant recognize the disc you inserted, please eject the disc to continue" (Thats not the exact error but you follow)

So now my DVDROM wont read any DVD movie, DVD game, CDRW, or audio CD. They all report the same non-recognized media error.
I calibrated the POT at ranges 850-1200 OHMs. Still no luck.

Here is my first question :
Is there anything I can do to recover my DVDROM? (I have pretty much given up on it, please advise)

--------
Ok so now I have an executer2pro modchip on its way, should be here Monday.
And I suppose that my plan is to just add an external PCDVD rom to read movies, games, and backups.
I have heard that the PCDVD ROM wont be able to read oringal DVD game discs.

So my second question is:
How should I go about backing up my DVD games to the xbox HDD and/or the networked PC HDD's?
Or playing any games from this point on........
Because if my OEM DVDROM is shot, and the PCDVD wont read original discs, then how do I extract the game data.

Please bear in mind that I am new to the whole process and DO NOT have a DVD-R ROM.But I do have a 120gb ready to go into the xbox and 80gb additional room available on my networked PC. Can someone point in the right direction?
Any help or advice is greatly appreiciated.
Thanks.

#2 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 February 2003 - 04:01 PM

and why is it needed to double post this?

#3 JebusChrist

JebusChrist

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 05:26 PM

Well lets see my other thread got locked bc people started in on swap scam ideas.

And thanks for your input rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users