21 replies to this topic

#1 koryk34

koryk34

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:54 PM

Hey Everyone. I came onto this board looking for some kind of help that I am basically forseeing myself to need in the future when installing this spiderchip. I presume I am going to have a 1.6 or 1.6b X-box because I havent bought it yet. So, with that being said I was just wondering if anyone knows if the install tutorial on the spidership.com page is accurate in regards to the wire placement. I know I have read on here frpm alot of people that wire D and E are switched and that you have to put the E wire into the D0 hole. Do I need to do this even if I follow the tutorial instructions? Any help would be appreciated.. thanks

#2 zimbo_ouen

zimbo_ouen

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(koryk34 @ Jan 18 2005, 04:25 PM)
Hey Everyone.  I came onto this board looking for some kind of help that I am basically forseeing myself to need in the future when installing this spiderchip.  I presume I am going to have a 1.6 or 1.6b X-box because I havent bought it yet.  So, with that being said I was just wondering if anyone knows if the install tutorial on the spidership.com page is accurate in regards to the wire placement.  I know I have read on here frpm alot of people that wire D and E are switched and that you have to put the E wire into the D0 hole.  Do I need to do this even if I follow the tutorial instructions?  Any help would be appreciated.. thanks

View Post

I used a 1.0 but those instructions were perfect for me... not used 1.1 instructions so no idea I'm afraid...

#3 koryk34

koryk34

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 04:27 PM

How bout keeping the wires in place. Is there anything that I can do so that they dont come out? I have read on here that putting hot glue into the hole where the wires insert is sucessfull. Any ideas on this?

Edited by koryk34, 18 January 2005 - 04:31 PM.

#4 chuckalicious

chuckalicious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 04:37 PM

I wouldn't put it directly into the hold, that would stop a connection being made, but once the wire is in I've heard you can put a bit of glue over it to keep it in place.
I am getting my SpiderChip tomorrow so I'll let you know what happens!

#5 koryk34

koryk34

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 04:46 PM

I read awhile back on this forum about putting some glue from a hot glue gun on the wires where they connect to the PCB? What does this mean?

#6 zimbo_ouen

zimbo_ouen

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(koryk34 @ Jan 18 2005, 05:17 PM)
I read awhile back on this forum about putting some glue from a hot glue gun on the wires where they connect to the PCB?  What does this mean?

View Post

the tension on the legs is enough to hold the connection as the via's are close to the chip, the wires bend quite a bit and there is a good tension... then just push them into the holes... only problem I can imagine is if you got some laquer covering the holes...

#7 koryk34

koryk34

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(zimbo_ouen @ Jan 18 2005, 05:20 PM)
the tension on the legs is enough to hold the connection as the via's are close to the chip, the wires bend quite a bit and there is a good tension... then just push them into the holes... only problem I can imagine is if you got some laquer covering the holes...

View Post

so your saying dont glue them into the holes at all..?

will they stay in though?

Edited by koryk34, 18 January 2005 - 05:12 PM.

#8 zimbo_ouen

zimbo_ouen

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:11 PM

I wouldn't...

#9 koryk34

koryk34

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:14 PM

All I am worried about is the wires coming out of the holes. Many people who have posted on here have given great ideas about putting the chip in such as using a PS2 screw and then using electrical tape to tape the end of the chip farthest away from the screw. Good stuff. My buddy is going to be putting this together at his house and I am worried that just carrying it will make the wires pop out. Dont know what to do.. ne suggestions will help

Edited by koryk34, 18 January 2005 - 05:18 PM.

#10 zimbo_ouen

zimbo_ouen

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:26 PM

you could try that... no idea how well it will work.. like I said... the tension is enough... I've moved my box around a bit in the house... upside down and all the jazz... so far its alright...

#11 koryk34

koryk34

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:28 PM

This may be a dumb question cuz I have never had to do it before, but how do the wires actually stay in the holes.. you have to put a little bend in them?

#12 zimbo_ouen

zimbo_ouen

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:09 PM

duuuude! they bend therefore creating the tension...

either wait for the chip and see yourself what the wires are like... or read up a bit more... wink.gif

#13 Lefty__

Lefty__

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:32 PM

Do i need to make the d0 bigger or something?? been busy trying to get the wire in for the last 30 mins... sad.gif
(trying to install on a 1.5 here)

edit : really starting to get the feeling there is no hole there!! i see a dot or something tho.. :S
i could get the wire into one of the bigger silver holes no problem...

Edited by Lefty__, 18 January 2005 - 06:39 PM.

#14 Chamone

Chamone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE(Lefty__ @ Jan 18 2005, 07:03 PM)
Do i need to make the d0 bigger or something?? been busy trying to get the wire in for the last 30 mins... sad.gif
(trying to install on a 1.5 here)

View Post

Just patience my friend

#15 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:52 PM

Make sure the chip comes with the new type screw and washer as they supplied incorrect size ones to start with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users