• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thesaintjim

thesaintjim

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 11:04 PM

Hi, I installed the chip, etc etc.but I have tried a dvd-+/+rw cdr/cdrw sony, phillips and memorex and this xbox will not read it. I put a 50 meg dummy file on, and the bios.bin no bios image found..halting, has anyone booted off a disk yet with a bios?!?

#2 otherguy

otherguy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 January 2005 - 11:33 PM

http://www.teamxecut...lashbios/cd.htm

follow the guide

#3 zimbo_ouen

zimbo_ouen

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE(thesaintjim @ Jan 18 2005, 11:35 PM)
Hi, I installed the chip, etc etc.but I have tried a dvd-+/+rw cdr/cdrw sony, phillips and memorex and this xbox will not read it. I put a 50 meg dummy file on, and the bios.bin no bios image found..halting, has anyone booted off a disk yet with a bios?!?

View Post

funny you mention that... I've just done a mod today/yesterday and this was a 1.4 with a philips drive and a spiderchip... chip went in fine and ya I could not get a dvd+r or a cdrw to flash the chip... you know what I used in the end and it worked? a standard cdr! lol was humour and I was chuffed it worked great... try a standard cdr (mine was a no name brand) and lemme know if it works wink.gif

#4 thesaintjim

thesaintjim

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:36 AM

yeah, spidechip's website says nothing about the files being in all caps...hehe

#5 arowana1027

arowana1027

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 08:09 AM

I wonder if thats why I can't flash my chip.My xbox is a version 1.1 with the phillips drive.I'll give it a go.I have some cheap wally world cdr's laying around somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users