• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 guldlos

guldlos

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 05:00 PM

I've mounted an XT in my 1.6, and it boots M$ fine, but when I try booting the chip I just get a black screen until I push the eject button, after which it boots fine.

I mounted it like this

I've got the M8+_16-bios.

I had the same problem in another 1.6, where I replaced the aladdin with a DuoX2.
-I guess it's either the BT, or L1 that's wrong?

BR
Guldlos

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 January 2005 - 05:53 PM

Have a search in this section this isuue has come up multiple times with the XT chip and is explained at length. If its the same issue you will not cure it with a flash or any amount of wire swapping. the problem lies in the CPLD code.

#3 hippo

hippo

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:43 PM

I've noticed that the m8 plus bios tends to load smoother after you load it into evtool and patch it. I think Chancer is right that the CPLD code reacts badly perhaps under certain reproducable situations. I've noticed this in 32 macro cpld's alot, the blank screen hit eject etc loads when it wants to...

#4 guldlos

guldlos

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:29 PM

Thx for the replies.

I read a lot of aladdin-posts, but I didn't know you could make it boot when it had the faulty CPLD-code, and mine does when I press eject...

Guess I can live with the extra pushes when starting the box smile.gif

- It won't ruin my box in any way will it? I've seen a lot of mentionings of high current through the Lframe, but I do not know what it causes, if the risk is frying the chip I don't really care, but if I risk burning the box, I'd rather take out the Aladdin right away and by a DuoX2.

It's also mentioned that the high current can be fixed by placing a resistor over the cut Lframe, but I'm uncertain which resistance it should have?

Also just to make sure that the Lframe is what I think it is, could you please confirm that it's this trace in the lower part of the picture I should cut?

I'm sorry if I'm asking the same questions that a million has asked before, but I did a lot of reading, and couldn't find anything saying that this is definately it (and I'm a little scared of killing the Xbox).

Thanks a bunch
Guldlos

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:05 PM

Yes the trace to cut is above the purple arrows. You might want to consider Hippos new chip it sounds the business and has protection in against high current in the 1.6.

#6 ckh2004

ckh2004

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:13 PM

Guess I can live with the extra pushes when starting the box

If your xbox is v1.6 and NOT v1.6b (Hynix RAM), then you can fix the no boot problem by flashing the XT with the older Evox M8_1.6 bios.

Please read my experience below:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=343008

Just to share, I just got a batch of Aladdin XT 4064 that has Evox M8+ bios on it but still use the CPLD code that doesn't support "Evox M8+ bios on v1.6/1.6b" and therefore v1.6b (needs M8+_1.6 bios).

When I used the Aladdin XT 4064 on a normal v1.6 (July 2004), there was no sound or video (blank screen) when the mod chip was enabled. When xbox was repeatedly powered on and off, the Evox M8+ bios would boot randomly and rarely (one out of about 15-20 times).

Fed up, I removed the Aladdin XT 4064 and put in a DuoX 2. The mod bios could now boot very consistently using the power button. Moreover, the DuoX 2 already comes with edited Evox M8+_1.6 bios that supports IGR and LBA48.

That means I need to reflash all my Aladdin XT 4096 with Evox M8_1.6 (NOT M8+ or M8+_1.6) on an older xbox version (v1.0-1.5) before I can use it on any v1.6. Of course, v1.6b is obviously out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users