16 replies to this topic

#1 koryk34

koryk34

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 06:29 PM

I am just wondering if anyone has sucessfully installed the spiderchip 1.1 onto any version of Xbox. It seems to be the one having all the problems and the people who say it works have the older version (1.0) Also note* Look at the tutorials closely on the spiderchip.com page. People have reported pages 8 and 9 having incorrect instructions for the 1.1 Tutorial. Any information or help would be appreciated.

#2 daemon32

daemon32

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:48 PM

I have spider v1.0 and xbox 1.6 NOT (cool.gif. I flashed it with evox M8_16. Had issues with the screws but i used my own longer screw. Plugging the wires into D0 is a pain for 1.6 owners sad.gif. But it work out fine. Cheap chip and easy to play with, when you actually get it installed smile.gif Becareful to flash with right bios. I screwed up the first one I bought sad.gif

daemon out

#3 Thrawn200

Thrawn200

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:57 PM

Sooo...what your basicly saying is you have NOT succesfully installed a 1.1 Spiderchip....

#4 daemon32

daemon32

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 08:09 PM

No not 1.1. Just helping out with my experience.

#5 koryk34

koryk34

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 08:25 PM

well this post is about version 1.1 . People have said that 1.0 works i wanna know if 1.1 does as well.

#6 gw2k_101

gw2k_101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE(koryk34 @ Jan 19 2005, 07:00 PM)
I am just wondering if anyone has sucessfully installed the spiderchip 1.1 onto any version of Xbox. It seems to be the one having all the problems and the people who say it works have the older version (1.0)  Also note* Look at the tutorials closely on the spiderchip.com page.  People have reported pages 8 and 9 having incorrect instructions for the 1.1 Tutorial.  Any information or help would be appreciated.

View Post

Any word on this? Did they give wrong DO location?

Edited by gw2k_101, 20 January 2005 - 05:55 AM.

#7 ntloser

ntloser

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 08:36 AM

I was able to install a spiderchip 1.1 on a 1.4 or 1.5 box. What a pain in the ass. The chip did not line up correctly. I had to cut part of the chip. The part where the screw goes through. It was the only way to keep the screw tight and allign the pogo pins with the LPC or whatever the row of holes on the xbox motherboard is called.

EDIT.. the D0 location is correct.

Edited by ntloser, 20 January 2005 - 08:37 AM.

#8 chuckalicious

chuckalicious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 01:56 PM

I just got one in the mail this morning, V1.1, for my V1.6 XBox. Read all the problems with it, read all the tuts on how to do it properly. I'm confident....
I'll let you know how it goes....,.
Hopefully I'll be able to say it went well

Edited by chuckalicious, 20 January 2005 - 01:56 PM.

#9 koryk34

koryk34

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(chuckalicious @ Jan 20 2005, 02:27 PM)
I just got one in the mail this morning, V1.1, for my V1.6 XBox. Read all the problems with it, read all the tuts on how to do it properly. I'm confident....
I'll let you know how it goes....,.
Hopefully I'll be able to say it went well

View Post

Yea, make sure you tell us how it went..

#10 chuckalicious

chuckalicious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 02:34 PM

I've done all the checks, made sure no holes have any laquer on them, checked versions, got 3 different CD-Rws/DVD-Rs with the BIOS on it in case the drive is vry picky. Got the wire layout, got tweezers which will be gentle with the wires. The only thing that can mess this up now is the chip smile.gif Well, I hope not!
If it wasn't for the fear of damaging the box with my soldering skills, I'd have an Xecuter in by now smile.gif
Everyone keep their Spider hating fingers crossed for me!

#11 koryk34

koryk34

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:08 PM

Anyone sucessfully install spiderchip 1.1 using the new instructions from the spiderchip homepage? (ie. removing the pogo pin, etc)

#12 JWJ

JWJ

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Interests:Playing xbox games and football
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:48 PM

I have successfully installed a 1.1 spiderchip on my 1.6 xbox using hotglue and a spring But I had to hotglue the bottom of the chip too because I stripped the threads for the screw but the spring puts enough pressure on it so it stays in place

#13 billmclelland

billmclelland

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:39 PM

Got my 1.1 spiderchip this morning and yes its a twat to install on a 1.6 xbox but only because they supply the wrong bloody screw and washer size, cut the ground pin as per the website (i used a pair of nail clippers lol) and get a thicker washer and a 9mm screw, i found the wires a bit fiddly due to fat fingers but got there in the end, installed with evox m8-1.6 bios and used slayers 2.6 final to install all the gubbins to the new 80gb hd i installed as well.
To sum up, if you have a 1.6 xbox and cant solder get this chip, any lower revisions go with the xecuter.

#14 chuckalicious

chuckalicious

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 10:56 AM

Well. It worked. Not without problems though sad.gif
One problem with the chip, one with me smile.gif
The chip didn't stay put in the LPC, as you've all found, so I simply put a cut raw plug on top and the DVD drive put enough pressure on to force it down. Simple.
However after I followed someones instructions on this forum, I couldn't flash the bios. They had told me to make an XBox iso using Craxtion. However I then read the SpiderChip flash tut and it said to make a normal CD. Then it worked smile.gif
Now all is good. I didn't see anythign about removing a pin though.
Will look into that....

So yes, a successful install, but it did have problems.

#15 koryk34

koryk34

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE(chuckalicious @ Jan 21 2005, 11:27 AM)
Well. It worked. Not without problems though sad.gif
One problem with the chip, one with me smile.gif
The chip didn't stay put in the LPC, as you've all found, so I simply put a cut raw plug on top and the DVD drive put enough pressure on to force it down. Simple.
However after I followed someones instructions on this forum, I couldn't flash the bios. They had told me to make an XBox iso using Craxtion. However I then read the SpiderChip flash tut and it said to make a normal CD. Then it worked smile.gif
Now all is good. I didn't see anythign about removing a pin though.
Will look into that....

So yes, a successful install, but it did have problems.

View Post

Im confused what you mean by raw plug..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users