4 replies to this topic

#1 mario_ps2

mario_ps2

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 12:05 AM

Yes...I wanted to know if any of you guys know what bios the Alladin xt modchip needs to have for LBA 48 support...

I currently have a 160 gigabyte harddrive but it only displays 137....it's obviously that the modchip does not support the whole 149 gigs... I have the Alladin xt modchip...with slayer evox bios, 1.6 xbox version....

I heard that if one reflashed it with a certain bios,, it will support it...the problem is which one......

Has anybody done a re-flash for the case....(LBA 48 support)....? Do you do the reflashing under exoX screen?

Thanks in advance.... smile.gif

#2 tarheelsnipe

tarheelsnipe

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 January 2005 - 12:18 AM

Evox M8, IND-BIOS, and X2 4983 and later all have LBA48 support. Since you've been booting with the old bios, you will probably want to backup all of your games on your pc. Using a non-LBA48 bios with a larger hard drive might cause a small corruption of data. It's best to get the right bios, then reformat the hard drive.

#3 ModdingManiac

ModdingManiac

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 January 2005 - 12:24 AM

Since you have a 1.6 xbox then the M8_16 with LBA48 supprt bios will work (X2 4983 doesn't support 1.6 xboxes, I'm not sure about IND-BIOS since I don't use it)..If you have a 1.6B xbox (Hynix Ram) then you need the M8+ with LBA48 support.
You can get them in th usual places.

#4 Bulan

Bulan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:36 AM

As stated earlier, on 1.6 use the M8plus_16.

But what u should know is that u can setup the BIOS in two different way depending on how u want to use the rest of HD-space above the LBA48 limit.
The Option is that the F drive takes the rest OR that u get another partition called G
Use EVTool to change how you want your BIOS to behave.

But if u go with the "The rest to F" u would have to reformat your current F partition as it otherwise screws up the data...
If u don't want to backup/format your current data on F u should go with the G drive support as it means that u can keep the data on your disk without formatting.

#5 ckh2004

ckh2004

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:58 AM

As stated earlier, on 1.6 use the M8plus_16.

From my experience, stick to Evox M8_1.6 bios for v1.6 (Samsung RAM) unless you are absolutely sure that your Aladdin XT contains updated CPLD code to suport Evox M8+ on v1.6b. Else you will encounter no boot (no video and sound) when powering up with the mod chip enabled.

This is one of the things that absolutely sucks for Aladdin XT - probably the only mod chip that can't work with Evox M8+_1.6 and v1.6b (may apply to v1.6 as well with the M8+ bios).

Use Evtool v1.06 to edit stock M8_1.6 bios to add LBA and IGR. Use Evtool v1.09 to edit M8+_1.6 bios.

Never use Xecuter2 4981 or 4983 on v1.6 / 1.6b. Xecuter3 bios is proprietary and so can't be used as well.

Edited by ckh2004, 20 January 2005 - 09:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users