• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 M84PT

M84PT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 04:25 PM

I have a new Xbox 1.6b with Smartxx 2.0 modchip and Evox M8 1.6 bios and Avalanch dashboard.
All my backup games freeze and also some DVD movies.
Iīve seen the FAQ and I tried to change the IGR and I deleted the files in the cache folder.
It wasn't me that installed the chip and the software (bios and dashboard) it was a friend of mine that also lent me some backups to try them but they all freeze specially at the begining and they didnīt freeze for him so It can't be bad copying or bad dvds.
I'm a newbie so I don't understand much of these things but I've heard that my Bios and my dashboard arenīt compatible. I've also heard that my xbox version doesnīt have other bios or dashboards available.
I still have to connect my xbox in a network so I can have net on it, so I can FTP thins to it and have all the updates.
But if someone can please help me in anyway I would be thankfull.

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:03 PM

Did you read and try all the steps listed here?

Troubleshooting Game Backup Problems

#3 M84PT

M84PT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:39 PM

Yes I did. And as I said before the discs were not freezing at my friends xbox. So they canīt be dirty or bad burning,etc And the cache files I've deleted them but I didn't play any game yet so what cache files would be there? The IGR I disabled it on the avalaunch dashboard "X2 IGR: disabled".
So as you can see I've tried everything. As i said befor it's a new 1.6b xbox with a Evox M8 1.6 bios and a Avalaunch dashboard.
Can somebody tell me something about my bios and dashboard? Are they compatible? Are there othres bios/dashboards for my Xbox?
I'm sorry if someone has already asked this but maybe my problem is more specific.

And thank you at advance to who helps me.

#4 JWJ

JWJ

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Interests:Playing xbox games and football
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:51 PM

No its not you're bios or dash its you're media even if they work on you're friends xbox he probably has a different dvd drive what media are you using you probably need some very high quality media such as taiyo yudens from rima.com

#5 M84PT

M84PT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:57 PM

ok say it's the DVd drive. His is drive is a thompson (i think) and mine is a Philips. the backups are on Princos and mitsai but what about the originals? Why do they freeze? The game Halo2 (original) freezes when launched at the avalaunch dash and other dvds like movies (orignals) also freeze.

#6 JWJ

JWJ

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE(M84PT @ Jan 20 2005, 03:28 PM)
ok say it's the DVd drive. His is drive is a thompson (i think) and mine is a Philips. the backups are on Princos and mitsai but what about the originals? Why do they freeze? The game Halo2 (original) freezes when launched at the avalaunch dash and other dvds like movies (orignals) also freeze.

View Post

Oh man I did not know the originals freezed too wacko.gif it must be the dvd drive did you try tweaking the pot

#7 M84PT

M84PT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 08:22 PM

But the orignals only freeze on the avalaunch dashboard on the xbox original xbox it doesn't freeze, thats why i thought it could be something of my bios or dashboard nut i'm not a expert in these things.

#8 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 January 2005 - 08:34 PM

reflash your bios

#9 JWJ

JWJ

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 08:48 PM

Well what I would do is put EvoX on there and if that doesnt help then reflash you're chip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users