11 replies to this topic

#1 SpitPSU

SpitPSU

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:20 PM

I recently bought a motherboard with the LPC rebuilt and it is X3 ready. Now I am wondering the D0 point is soldered to the LPC pinheader I am wondering if I have to solder the HDD and LAN lights or is that optional?

Please help me out. The D0 is soldered to the LPC and the pinheader is installed I am just wondering if I need to use the HDD and LAN led wires or is it optional.

Please let me know.

#2 Ex-CON

Ex-CON

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:23 PM

Yes, you still need to solder the D0 wire to the board. That board has only provided you nicer bigger point to solder to.

Dont forget about the alternative 5v wire that needs to soldered on top of the mobo.

Edited by Ex-CON, 20 January 2005 - 09:33 PM.

#3 FreakyFreak

FreakyFreak

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:29 PM

The HDD and LAN wires are optional. Only the D0 wire has to be soldered.

#4 SpitPSU

SpitPSU

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:33 PM

user posted image

That is what the new motherboard looks like. Do I need to use the wire set that was included with the green, red, and gray if the D0 is allready hooked to the LPC?

Do I need to use the HDD and LAN leds... Or can I possibly just electrical tape them to the points?

#5 SpitPSU

SpitPSU

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:36 PM

Actually it looks like the DO wire is just fed thru the hole in the LPC but I will have to check that out when I get to board in front of me.

#6 Ex-CON

Ex-CON

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:38 PM

I thought you had the pcb board soldered in place. Yea, you do have the D0 wire running through the screw hole.

Edited by Ex-CON, 20 January 2005 - 09:38 PM.

#7 SpitPSU

SpitPSU

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:40 PM

Is the HDD and LAN led soldering necessary since the D0 is allready done?

#8 chris.hoch

chris.hoch

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:51 PM

If i remember reading right it is not 100% necessary, you just need them if you want to see the switch bank flashing everytime the h/disk or LAN is accessed.

I would sleeve the end of the LAN & H/Disk so that they do not touch the board, then you can always solder them if they do need to be soldered on.

regards

chris

#9 SpitPSU

SpitPSU

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:55 PM

Well it looks like the D0 has a wire attached I will just have to see where it is when the board gets here... I will probably be on here somemore getting some answers and what not.

#10 Ex-CON

Ex-CON

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:56 PM

Not to be misleading or anything, but I dont recall seeing a solder point on the chip to connect your own D0 wire. So you might end up having to solder the HDD,LAN, D0 wire kit that comes with the X3 . but I could be wrong.

#11 chris.hoch

chris.hoch

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:19 PM

You are correct there are no solder points on the chip. Use the cable that comes with the X3 but just try not sikdering the HDD / Lan cable if you do not like to see the activity.

They only send pulses so I can not imagine they will not be vital to the chip working.

regards

chris

#12 lajaro

lajaro

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 21 January 2005 - 01:19 AM

...and insulate (tape up) the ends of the red and green wires separately if you don't use them - you don't want to cause a short anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users