• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cbfenterprise

cbfenterprise

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 03:22 AM

I installed xecuter 2.6 lite on a ver 1.0 xbox with thompson drive and it boots to cromwell 2.6.0 bios. It gives me 4 options, 1st load bios from cd, 2nd load bios from hdd ,3rd unlock hdd, and 4th lock hdd. I have a dvd+r wrote from an iso image with what I believe to be the correct ini and xbe plus skins and a dummy file, a 30 meg zip file I renamed 1a.dat. I think I need the best or most popular bios to replace cromwell, is this correct and can anyone send me the bios or help me load evox?

#2 KeyMastur

KeyMastur

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, Women, Sports, Weights, Computers, Photography
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 21 January 2005 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE(cbfenterprise @ Jan 20 2005, 08:53 PM)
I have a dvd+r wrote from an iso image with what I believe to be the correct ini and xbe plus skins and a dummy file, a 30 meg zip file I renamed 1a.dat.

View Post

congrats on wasting a dvd disc

you need to flash the bios before you can do anything. cromwell 2.6 i just a legal bios that the chip ships with - all chips ship with a legal version. you must download (xbins) a hacked / unsigned version and flash it to your chip.

xbox version :

1.0 - 1.5: 4983.06 works fine
1.6: m8_16
1.6b: m8_16+

there's plenty of tutorials on how to flash - namely one on www.teamxecuter.com on the left hand side

#3 cbfenterprise

cbfenterprise

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 02:55 AM

You're half right. I needed to flash the bios, but as far as waisting a dvd you're wrong, Memorex dvd+r 8x worked for bios and evolution x. The dvd was not waisted dvd+r works fine booting up evolution x. Thanks for the bios tip, I thought I bought a chip with a hacked bios programmed.

#4 neosnightmare

neosnightmare

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 January 2005 - 03:08 AM

hmm usually dvd+r's dont work. i wonder why it worked... blink.gif

glad u had that stroke of luck tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic