Photo

Building New Drive From Scratch For Softmod ..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cenzo79

Cenzo79

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 05:00 AM

Hello all,

I built an xbox HD from scratch using xboxhdm (w/UDE2) and dash v.4920 (pulled it out of slayer's installer).

so far I have ..

1. used xboxhdm to partition the drive and install the C/E file system (v4920) - DONE.
2. used UDE2 (kit built specifically for xboxhdm) to install softmod exploit - DONE.
3. want to use locking utility built into xboxhdm .. but it asks for an eeprom file - HELP!!
(Since my STOCK HD is untouched i don't have the eeprom)

I checked the compatibility charts, and my drive can be locked (phew) .. but how do I do it without an eeprom??

PS - I have no intention of using LIVE, not EVER .. so if this can't be done without an eeprom, and if some kind soul is fealing generous, i would greatly appreciate an eeprom file that has been banned from live.

PPS - do i really need an VALID (i.e. from a real xbox) eeprom since I am using UDE2, or can i use one of the BLANK eeproms that come in rar w/ configmagic to lock the drive using xboxhdm??

#2 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 January 2005 - 05:13 AM

you need the eeprom from the xbox.

Either load a gamesave & game combo.

Or hotswap in and modify your stock to load evox, and run its backup feature, then ftp in to get the eeprom.

Place it on the xboxhdm cd, and boot option 3, then run lockhd -a and it will be locked using the eeprom.

#3 G0t M4xx 21

G0t M4xx 21

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 January 2005 - 06:40 AM

yah, you cant use any eeprom, you have to know the eeprom of that specific xbox. run a gamesave exploit on the stock drive, use evox's "backup" fecture, and ftp in and ge thte eeprom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users