Selwin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 21 January 2005 - 01:33 PM

Hi,

I had my xbox networked months ago via a direct cross over cable and it worked fine.

I didnt use the ftp for some time and in between I had to format my pc and reinstall xp with the sp2 upgrade.

Since then I have had limited success in getting it to conect to my xbox, I get the error "limited or no conectivity".

I did a google search and read that this error is todo with sp2 and can be a problem or sometimes a false warning. I tried to resolve this with patches and in the end removed sp2 with no luck.

My ftp client simply wont contect with no route to host coming up, I have double checked all ip settings and it all looks ok.

One more thing and it might be the cause, the little clips on the cross-over plugs have snapped off. I have made sure though that they are well in place.

I did manage to conect via the cross over going into my wireless router/hub then a direct cable to the xbox... it actually seemed to conect wireless from the pc to the hub then hub to the xbox via the direct cable... however the speed was poor and it kept dropping the connection.

Im looking at getting a 120gb hdd so will want a good speed connection for large transfers.

I dont have my bband at this time so no internet which makes it hard to resolve from home so any help from you guys would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

#2 project722

project722

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 02:45 PM

Since then I have had limited success in getting it to conect to my xbox, I get the error "limited or no conectivity".

Thats definitely a SP2 problem. Since you removed it, have you re-installed
the ftp client program or tried different programs?

One more thing and it might be the cause, the little clips on the cross-over plugs have snapped off. I have made sure though that they are well in place.

I did manage to conect via the cross over going into my wireless router/hub then a direct cable to the xbox... it actually seemed to conect wireless from the pc to the hub then hub to the xbox via the direct cable... however the speed was poor and it kept dropping the connection.

Thats poor signal strength, interferance, and/or encrytpion. Not the cable.

#3 Selwin

Selwin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE(project722 @ Jan 21 2005, 03:16 PM)
Thats definitely a SP2 problem. Since you removed it, have you re-installed
the ftp client program or tried different programs?
Thats poor signal strength, interferance, and/or encrytpion. Not the cable.

View Post

Thanks for the reply.

No I havent reinstalled the ftp program but the error comes up on the taskbar on the network icon when the xbox is switched on.

Thanks again

#4 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 January 2005 - 06:01 PM

get a good crossover without the clips off. then install sp2 ( no reason not to ). and post an ipconfig /all from your machine. Also add the ftp client as a trusted app to the sp2 windows firewall.

#5 Selwin

Selwin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(mrRobinson @ Jan 21 2005, 06:32 PM)
get a good crossover without the clips off.  then install sp2 ( no reason not to ).  and post an ipconfig /all from your machine.  Also add the ftp client as a trusted app to the sp2 windows firewall.

View Post

Will do mate, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users