7 replies to this topic

#1 markholladay

markholladay

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 03:53 AM

Hi,

In advance thanks for any help. I received the Xbit 1.5. Solderless. I have a 1.0 xbox.
I think I have instlled it correctly. When I turn it on with the stealth mode off. The xbox will turn on, then immediatly turn off. Nothing comes on the screen. Then by it self it does the same thing again. Turns on, then turns right off (making a high pitch sound, hardrive I guess) then it turns on one more time by itself and blinks green then red. And nothing comes on screen.
Is this good? I have read that it should blink red green. But nothing about it turning of and on. Thank so much for the help.

#2 windwalker77

windwalker77

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 January 2005 - 04:40 AM

it is going into frag and that isn't good means wither your stelth mode is on cause it don't work on these xbits or something is missaligned or there is a problem with the bios or something is not connected right to the drives but usually with the drives it will show an error. need a bit more info on how you installed it, what bios did you flash it with ect.

#3 markholladay

markholladay

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 05:01 AM

Thank you for the response.
I am not even sure I have the chip hooked up right.
I have put three bios on it. All in different banks.
x2, M8, and M7
Does this seem like a software problem or more a prolem that the chip is not installed correctly.
Is there a correct way to set up the bios. Say for example, I want to use bank six. If I remember right it has four 256 bank, and one 512. Do I need to put the same bios in all of those? Or just a couple. Or one 512.
And is there a best bios for this?

Thanks so much for the help

#4 Jameson42

Jameson42

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Modding (of course),<br />Juggling,<br />D&amp;D (3rd edition - so sue me),<br />Working at EB Games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 January 2005 - 05:30 AM

I had the same problem when I first installed my X-B.I.T 1.5 into my 1.0 box. I recommend you take the chip out, sand down the part where the write protect tab was (where the xbit hits up against the IDE slot on the motherboard). Remnants of the write protect tab often keep the chip from aligning properly.

If this doesn't work, make sure you've got the board with the switches on it connected correctly... that always gets me when I open my box up.

Another problem I've run into with the X-B.I.T and the flashing software for it... if you don't wait long enough after flashing to disconnect the USB cable (or flashing a different bank with a bios, for that matter), something doesn't happen that should, and the xbox will frag. I generally wait a minute after flashing a bios to my chip before flashing any more or disconnecting the cable.

As far as BIOSes go, I recommend iND-BiOS for it's configurability (fooling around with the flubber is fun). I used xecuter for a while and had no problems with it, but I use iND-BiOS now for my VGA connection.

I usually use the earliest bank of the correct size on the chip for whatever bios I'm flashing. The only reason there are multiple banks is for you to put multiple bioses if you want to. There is no need to flash every bank, especially not with the same bios (won't do any harm, but it won't help you any, either).

#5 markholladay

markholladay

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:31 AM

Hey thanks for the help.
I am going to try to sand it down tomorrow morning. Let you know how it goes.
You said to make sure that the board with the switches is connected correctly.
You are just tlaking about the dip switches right. Make sure the yellow and black wires are connected right?
I think I have it right. It lights up. I can see the little Y and B one the dip switch part to see where to hook it up. But I can't read anything on the actual chip. I just hooked it up like how the install picture has it. Maybe I will try it the other way.

Thanks again for your help. This board is awesome

#6 Jameson42

Jameson42

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Modding (of course),<br />Juggling,<br />D&amp;D (3rd edition - so sue me),<br />Working at EB Games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:48 AM

If it's lighting up, the yellow and black wires are connected correctly. The computer program won't even connect to flash if those aren't connected correctly.

#7 markholladay

markholladay

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:56 AM

Great,

they are lighting up. So I will try to sand that part tomorrow. I hope that is the problem.

#8 joker23

joker23

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 02:10 AM

did this work? im having the same problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users