• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 qzilver

qzilver

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 08:44 AM

hi, i can transfer to xbox using ftp at 350 kB/s (byte not bit) and above constantly. The problem is when i stream using the smb with xbmc 01-15 build, it can not cache fast enough or send fast enough. The file i am transfer is 700 megs and runs for 43 minutes, i can transfer it in a little over 30 mins so i don't see why it can not stream fast enough. I also have disabled the QOS scheduler for windows xp. Thanks

#2 Yuyu

Yuyu

X-S Spirit Detective

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • Interests:Football (Soccer) ... Umm, Xbox?
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE(qzilver @ Jan 22 2005, 02:15 AM)
hi, i can transfer to xbox using ftp at 350 kB/s (byte not bit) and above constantly.  The problem is when i stream  using the smb with xbmc 01-15 build, it can not cache fast enough or send fast enough.  The file i am transfer is 700 megs and runs for 43 minutes, i can transfer it in a little over 30 mins so i don't see why it can not stream fast enough.  I also have disabled the QOS scheduler for windows xp.  Thanks

View Post

You need to specify a little more please.
Which version of windows and what kind of network (wired/Wireless BorG)?

#3 qzilver

qzilver

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:38 PM

i am using windows xp sp2 and using a 3com wireless bridge 802.11b 11mbps.

#4 qzilver

qzilver

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:32 PM

can Xbmc somehow lower the quality of the video so i can stream faster or is there any program that can do that while streaming. When i mean lower quality i mean like the bitrate and not the frames itself because it is a bit annoying. I also do not want to upgrade my 802.11b bridge, so any alternatives would be appreciated. And the weird thing is that it only happens for some parts of the movie. thanks in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users