ando2k5

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:13 AM

hi erm i recently tried to make a xbox hdd dun all tha write procedure dun the linux iso thing cos i cant ftp into my xbox (pc issues) so i made partition copied all the data from slayers 2.6 installer plugged it into my pc wrote evrythin onto it locked the drive thought evrything was ok until i got a error 6 then i do a hotswap in my xbox get the hdd password write it down tried to unlock it using linux boot cd won't unlock tried and tried even tried setting it to pri slave is there any way of fixing it or is it gone bought it at christmas so still under warranty shud i just send back and say wont let me access the drive or became incompatible

#2 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:33 AM

Holy fuck....ever type a sentence with punctuation, grammer, or correct spelling? its hard to respond because I can't tell what the fuck you are trying to say.

Edited by jameswalter, 22 January 2005 - 10:33 AM.

#3 ando2k5

ando2k5

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:37 AM

ok sorry here goes i made a linux boot cd from slayers 2.6 installer plugged in my hdd into primary slot on my pc inserted the disc to boot from cd made xbox parition copied all data files from cd to hdd looked ok locked the hdd put it into my xbox get an error 6 managed to get the password for this drive tried to unlock it using the linux cd no joy just wont unlock tried to do a hotswap in the xbox to unlock it no go says: error cannot be unlocked so is this drive gone for good or can it be recovered and if so how and also what should i say to the place i bought it from that it has became incompatible or wont boot

#4 FallsInc

FallsInc

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:48 AM

he didnt mean rephrase the damn post. he said use fucking punctuation.... maybe that makes sence in your head, but i cant fucking read it. and neither can he... and the next guy is gonna come along and chop up the posts into senteces so he can read it and attempt to help you.

#5 ando2k5

ando2k5

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:51 AM

wtf dusnt matter then i only have 1 request will unlockx.exe unlock the drive even if it wont unlock in the xbox or in the pc i read that:

Requirements

1) UnLockX.exe must be run in pure DOS Mode,No windows dos box.
2) Drive must be on the primary IDE channel ( Master Or Slave).
3) If your drive seems to not want to unlock You can run UnLockx.exe two times "NO Reboot" and it will unlock your drive.

will that work sorry for the bad posts in a bit of a rush

#6 insane_clown

insane_clown

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:54 AM

If i was in the same situation, i would put the hard drive in my xbox, make sure the jumper settings are correct, use Slayers 2.6 auto installer and redo the hard drive while it is in the xbox. I have used Slayers heaps of times on my xbox and i have never had any hassels. Just make sure you read teh pdf file that comes with the auto installer.

Good Luck

beerchug.gif

#7 ando2k5

ando2k5

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:56 AM

i tried that i just get a error 6 and i also tried the hotswap could not get it to work any other ideas and will unlockx work if so ill just do that

#8 Trinity

Trinity

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:58 AM

Go and return it. Someplace will exchange it with no question ask if you got the receipt. Maybe, They tell you to send it back to the manufacturer's.

#9 ando2k5

ando2k5

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:00 AM

i have the password for the drive just gonna try unlockx and if that dont work then ill send it back
thnx for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users