• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ripley26

Ripley26

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:08 AM

Installed Aladdin XT Lite into v 1.4 Xbox.

D0 is fine and grounded, BT on chip is grounded. Xbox boots fine, with modchip working fine. Power button can turn Xbox on or off, but eject button is flakey. Drive will randomly eject and close.

Plug xbox into mains and instant turn on, suspect because of Eject button short. Haven't touched front control panel.

Initially I wired L1 and BT to front MB resistors to enable soft-switch, but Xbox was fragging so I desoldered them and grounded BT(chip end) & D0.

I suspect I have ruined one of these resistors but I cannot figure out which one. Tried soldering a small piece of wire between each ends of the resistor as suggested somewhere else but to no avail. I cannot be sure that there is even any contact to the resistors as it's pretty hard to get it to stick.

I've looked for solder splashes all over the MB and there are none that I can see, underside of MB is fine, and area around the resistors seems fine.

Does anyone know how I can easily fix this ??

#2 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:24 AM

you can't just solder a piece of wire in place of the resistor , you have damaged the resistor which bt connects to , you need to replace the SMD 10k resistor or use a normal 10k resistor and shorten and bend the legs so that you can solder it onto both ends of the original smd resistor.

it sounds like your d0 and lpc connections are fine so dont do anymore soldering except the resistor. All should work including the eject after this.

HackDaBox !

#3 Ripley26

Ripley26

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:34 AM

Update:

Using a multimeter checked BT & L1 resistors. BT showed 10k resistance, L1 showed no resistance. I replaced that resistor.

Pluged into mains, waited, turned on and left for a about 20-30 minutes. Then the DVD tray started going bezerk like before.

I have now REMOVED both the BT & L1 (R3G3 & R3G5) resistors. This has made no difference to my problem. Things I have noticed is that now half of the LED is orange and the power button might not be working (goes on and off so often I can't tell)

Anyone have any more ideas ??

#4 Ripley26

Ripley26

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 03:21 AM

Update:

Using a multimeter I checked out resistor R3G2, which had the same markings as most other resistors around it, which measure 10K.

This one however was measuring around 5k. Replaced with 10k resistor and all seems to be fine.

This resistor, R3G2, must link to the eject part of the standby controller. Measuring 5k it stands to reason that this was acting somewhat flakey.

Boy am I glad it wasn't the standby controller that was ruined!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users