13 replies to this topic

#1 vernonjr

vernonjr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 08:46 PM

I was reading a ude tutorial that told me to delete my c drive (making a backup as well) and put some new files in there. So i did that and now my xbox wont do anything but put up the loading screen. What am i gonna have to do now? I would put my backup on their but i cant ftp it if the xbox doesnt do anything.

edit: btw, im soft modded

Edited by vernonjr, 22 January 2005 - 08:47 PM.

#2 Helrazer83

Helrazer83

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:ANY motorsports,EMS,screwing with computers,XBOX modding, radio scanning...you name it, I do it!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:02 PM

Wow, you couldn't pay me enough to delete my C: partition.

Some of the brothers here at X-S might know of some reasons to do so, but damned if I do. Well, as long as you made a backup, just FTP back over if its possible. BUT if the dash won't come up, then the FTP server isn't working, unless you have one of those BIOSes with the embedded server. Sheesh, I don't know about this one...

EDIT: Your BIOS is most likely looking for a dash to boot on the C: partition. If you have one installed in another place, open and edit your BIOS with EVTool or XBTool to make it search for a dash in another partition, if any exist. Maybe that will help.

Where's PERPLEXER when you need him!?!? beerchug.gif

Edited by Helrazer83, 22 January 2005 - 09:05 PM.

#3 big_xbox_n00bie

big_xbox_n00bie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • Interests:xbox modding, chillin with friends, playing cricket/football , Call of Duty , sleeping
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:04 PM

Burn slayers xiso to a disk put it into your xbox cd tray and reboot the system. Restore all files and then redo the softmod.

-BxN

#4 vernonjr

vernonjr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:05 PM

well thanks for the reply... this is why i did it...

CODE

UDE2 Install (Nkpatcher 10 with Evox Dashboard)

*G drive bug fix version*

Works on *ONLY* U.S. & Canada Xbox consoles (EEPROM must be changed to region 1 for other consoles)

Versions 1.0 - 1.6 (K:3944 - K:5838)

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=245403

ude2-c-replace

For those who don't desire to go through the hassle of learning exploits, this is for you. I've included 2 sets, 61 & 71. As rmenhal mentioned, the memory layout is somewhat different on almost every Xbox. If 71 does not boot, try 61 by deleting both font files on the Xbox's C drive found in c:\fonts (Bert & Ernie) and replace them with the font found in the support files\61-fonts folder on your PC. Place bert_ate_ernie-generic.xtf in the same directory on the Xbox where you just deleted Bert and Ernie (c:\fonts).

Install instructions:

1. Determine what lba48 patches support your drive. For F taking rest of drive you want 06, for F+G you want 67.

2. In the "support files" folder, run the appropriate nkpatcher and font batch files for your drive.

NOTE: If you are confused, or do not have a large hard drive, run 71-fonts-install.bat, then nkpatcher-06-install.bat

3. Gain access to the Xbox hard drive (usually done by using a game save exploit with evox).

4. Backup (highly suggested) contents of Xbox's current C drive & eeprom.bin backup (from evox) to PC.

3. Erase everything on Xbox's C drive.

4. Copy everything inside the 'ude2-c-replace' folder to the Xbox's C drive.

5. Turn Xbox off, count to 5; turn it back on with no disk in DVD tray.

That was in a readme file that i got with the ude2 installer, i followed those instructions exactly.... but now nothing happens.

#5 Helrazer83

Helrazer83

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:ANY motorsports,EMS,screwing with computers,XBOX modding, radio scanning...you name it, I do it!

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:08 PM

Ah, LOL. laugh.gif

Softmodded. I know nothing about softmodding. Hence the erroneous post. Sorry. Man, do I feel like a dumbass. blink.gif

#6 vernonjr

vernonjr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:16 PM

noobie, there seems to be a lot of xiso type programs, how do i know which one is slayers? im searching and i cant seem to find it. As well, my xbox isnt loading dvds and games, so will it be able to use the disk in the first place? Thanks for the help.

#7 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Location:exploit related treasure hunts; finds re. MAEEE, UDE2 + "UD-eh!" per UXE, UEEE, UDDEE, UDDAE & Ndure

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:26 PM

(Boxes that are not booted in a modded state, such as this, cannot boot burned discs eh.)

Did you initially get into the box via a gamesave eh?

#8 vernonjr

vernonjr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:30 PM

if your asking how i was able to ftp, i used evox, from a mechassault gamesave. Is that not a good thing?

#9 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Location:exploit related treasure hunts; finds re. MAEEE, UDE2 + "UD-eh!" per UXE, UEEE, UDDEE, UDDAE & Ndure

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:32 PM

That's a very good thing wink.gif ... what happens when you try to boot MechAssault now eh?

#10 drunkmunk

drunkmunk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:33 PM

just boot back off of the game save and ftp back in from the evox on the mech installer

#11 vernonjr

vernonjr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:35 PM

my xbox wont do anything at all unsure.gif it wont boot games at all, all it does whether or not i have a game in there is go to the logo screen, and stay there. Thanks for trying to help tho

#12 vernonjr

vernonjr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:36 PM

NEVERMIND!!! WOOT I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPEND BUT IT BOOTED MECHASSAULT THANKS!!!!!!!!

#13 drunkmunk

drunkmunk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:37 PM

even with no dash it should still be able to boot into a game because that's all bios based... ur talking about an original game right?

*must have posted at the same time*

Edited by drunkmunk, 22 January 2005 - 09:39 PM.

#14 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:39 PM

It would do that for a backup for sure, but for an original that's odd! Put your MechAssault original in, reboot the box with it in the closed tray and then confirm everything that happens eh...

Edit: oops, I should have read the recent replies before posting that! Glad you're back in action eh. smile.gif

Edited by eh., 22 January 2005 - 09:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users