• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jnew00

jnew00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:41 PM

Ok...I wanted to upgrade my 120g to a 250g HD. I used the following procedure which I have done about 10 times with my friends xboxes with no troubles:
1. backed up C: on xbox to get eeprom.bin
2. placed eeprom.bin in linux/eeprom folder
3. loaded C: on comp with UXE exploit
4. made iso file and burned
5. loaded xboxhdm from CD with my new 250g HD attached and ran all the necessary commands (create xbox partitions, f drive, load C and E, etc).
6. Locked drive with eeprom.bin on cd

Then when I place it in my xbox I get a frag within seconds and a "needs service" error without an error number! Also, when I place the old 120g HD in it does the same thing.

ALSO, i just remembered that when I did this the first time I hit clone existing xbox HD with both the 120g and 250g drives attached and used the 120g as source and the 250 as destination. After more than 24 hours of "go have a beer, this could take awhile" I turned off the pc and ran steps 1-6 on the new HD and was going to worry about transferring all my games later.....this is when I get the frag. Also, I can't even load a xbox cd either now!

Anyone know what's up?? THANKS!

#2 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:22 PM

u messed up some files.. check teh files again..

#3 jnew00

jnew00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 12:51 AM

you mean when I stopped the HD to HD transfer? I totally reformated the new HD with the same files I have been using in the past and still nothing. I also never touched the old HD. And they both still don't work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users