#1 The Fiend

The Fiend

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:11 AM

I made a post in the BIOS section of the forum and someone said I needed a "chip point". I don't have a mod-chip but I was still told to do this yet I have no idea what they were talking about.

Here is the post that I'm talking about:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=344571

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:19 AM

Neither have I. I can only assume he means you will have to chip the box

#3 The Fiend

The Fiend

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 06:09 AM

Well, would buying a chip be able to let me NOT load the eeprom?? Because basically I can't use my xbox if it loads up. If so, what kind of chip should I be looking into? I found Shepd's Cromwell BIOS and I have flashing tools so I guess the only thing I need now is a chip....

Edited by The Fiend, 23 January 2005 - 06:10 AM.

#4 otherguy

otherguy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 January 2005 - 07:01 AM

i would suggest you get whatever you can. The cromwell bios will work on whatever chip you need it to - all you need is to get that bios image (modified flashbios) onto the chip. It will come up with a blue screen near the bottom will be a few options for reflashing the eeprom... just select the console version you have and it should be able to reflash your eeprom no problem - remove the chip and reboot and you should be all set if all goes well.

I'd recommend an aladdin - but there are so many shitty ones out there that i can't assure you that you would get a decent one.

maybe think about a Duo... really the cheaper the chip the better... you dont need anything special - any chip will get the job done. IT really comes down to how you're able to et the bios on the chip (if you need a pc flasher or not) and how well you can solder.

If you're not comfortable with the install i have everything redily available and could reflash the eeprom in the same manner i described above.
I'm in NY - if that's not local enough - i'm sure there is an installer closer to you that could help you out - check out the installers thread on this forum

#5 The Fiend

The Fiend

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 05:53 AM

thanks otherguy.... your info is really helpful! i'm in ohio so i wouldn't have a problem shipping it to you, but i'll still look in the thread you told me about. someone else sugesting "restocking" my HDD but i dunno if it's the REAL eeprom or the virtual one (i don't even know if my NKbasher had one or not...).

I'll try everything once i guess.

thanks again,
TF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users