#1 SolarPoweredX

SolarPoweredX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 March 2003 - 12:54 AM

I just installed the X2 pro (wires on v 1.0) and I'm having a little problem. I haven't flashed the chip yet because I wanted to make sure that it would still boot the regular dash. I plug in all the cables (all switches on the "off" position) and get the FRAG. However, the Xbox, following the third "reboot" (normal, I believe) doesn't load the MS dash. That's bad, isn't it? I don't see anything visibly wrong on the inside. I don't even want to bother trying to flash the chip if the system is already screwed up. Any preliminary ideas? Is it absolutely imperitive that the Xbox boot the regular dash with an unflashed chip and all switches off?

#2 xbox_freak!!

xbox_freak!!

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Interests:eat, sleep, xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 March 2003 - 01:14 AM

the frag is supposed to happen......attaching a wire to the d0 disables the original MS bios.....I dont know much else but there are some tutorials on the main page of X-S.....good luck smile.gif

#3 SolarPoweredX

SolarPoweredX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 March 2003 - 01:21 AM

So soldering the D0 (goodness that was difficult) *disables* the ms dash? If that's the case, I still might not have a $200 wannabe computer that doesn't won't. (Hmm, sort of reminds of my first Packard Bell)

#4 xbox_freak!!

xbox_freak!!

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 01:42 AM

wait!it disables the m$ bios......if there is no bios it cannot load the dash......the xbox will not know where the dash is....nor will it be able to read hd...k?

#5 xbox_freak!!

xbox_freak!!

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 01:44 AM

Pm me if you need further help smile.gif

#6 DiNapXbox

DiNapXbox

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 01:47 AM

When the D0 wire is grounded (i.e. connected), the xbox bypasses its own bios and looks to the LPC (which has your X2Pro attached to it). No bios = no boot anything. If you disable the chip (one of the switches, I don't have one so I'm not sure), this effectively breaks the D0 connection and lets the xbox boot its own bios.

Keep in mind that if you have installed EvoX and replaced xboxdash.xbe, you CANNOT get the box to boot without the chip enabled. Best solution for this is to name Evox evoxdash.xbe, and leave the original dash xboxdash.xbe.

Hope this all helps. wink.gif

#7 xbox_freak!!

xbox_freak!!

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 01:51 AM

thnx Dinapxbox.......You explained it much better than I did.....smile.gif

#8 DiNapXbox