#1 the heckster

the heckster

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 January 2005 - 05:25 AM

hey guys.. i recently purchased mucho cc's of a site and tried to hook up to my xbox.. lol bad idea.. so this i got this awesome idea get a pc power supply and put the lights around my desk(where my xbox is but to illumninate the tv and what not) i got a nice one anatec an anatec 300W thing is all i want it to do is power around 7 cold cathodes. not to power a computer.. i can't turn it on! it has a switch in the back but it will not turn it on.. it there any secret to "jumping" the power to think is being turned on? with out being electruted is nice

thanks

#2 enderandrew

enderandrew

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 10:15 AM

Well, really old school power supplies had a physical switch or button on the power supply. The power button of the computer was hooked to a plastic piece that when depressed, pressed the power button of the power supply.

This was in addition to the power switch on the back of the power supply that still exists today.

#3 jimmy_hendrix

jimmy_hendrix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:15 PM

Pictuer the power supply going in your pc, you know the bunch of cables that goes into your motherboard? two of them when touched together will "jump" the power supply on. Ill try to find wich ones they are as i cant remeber, im pretty sure one of is purple, lol. dont try to u either find what wires or i do, lol. dont guess!!!! laugh.gif

#4 the heckster

the heckster

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:30 PM

ok so the purple one lets see ehheheh (electrocutes myself) i guess not that one tongue.gif nah ill let u try and tell me what to do.. so im guessing this is possible just a little tricky..? thanks guys still looking for a def answer.
peace and don't kill ur self muhaha.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users