fretster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:04 AM

got this xbox from a client who had someone else "install" a chip for him also had a DDE thomson which i replaced with a philips. turned out the installer didnt know what was going on when it came to putting the pin header in.

so i got the xbox, pulled out the mobo and checked out the pin header, didnt look like TOO bad of a job so i installed the d0/lan/hdd wires for a x2.6 chip. the xbox boots fine with the chip off, when chip is enabled, i get a beep, power off, beep, power off, frag.

in my reading on the forums, the problem is somewhere with the pin header.

i dont wanna ruin this thing by attempting to remove the header (i do installs, not removals lol), and i would think that someone out there would find this unit more useful than i do.

system works PERFECT without the chip on, or removed.

ill sell the box with or without the x2.6 chip, so keep that in mind when making offers. its a 1.0 with a brand new philips out of a 1.6 box i got in december. has a stock seagate hdd.

#2 fretster

fretster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:44 AM

cant edit anymore... sad.gif

ill sell this thing for 120 including shipping via fedex ground. once again the system works great without the modchip in, or turned on. youre basically getting an xbox with a brand new dvd drive in it that has alot of life in it.

#3 pmpr13

pmpr13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:09 AM

I dont know if this is possible but since its a 1.0 box and you say it is working without chip in it is there any way to do a tsop mod with a switch making it almost as good as having a chip.

#4 DuckOfDeath

DuckOfDeath

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:31 AM

Not to tread over this thread, but yeah, if this box boots up with the origional bios, you could do a switch on the tsop, and flash part of it with a hacked bios, and you'd have the same effect as having a chip. Do you know what tsop chip is in it?

I'd jump all over this one, it's a great price if that's with the 2.6 chip, but I currently have 6 broken boxes that are waiting for me to fix them. Just don't have the time, or money to add one more to the list. ;-)

-Duck!

#5 Dangerously_Cheesy

Dangerously_Cheesy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:What doesn't interest me? :P
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 January 2005 - 03:35 AM

How much for just the mobo!? PM me plz.

#6 fretster

fretster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 04:49 AM

pm's sent wink.gif

edit: i havent done tsop before... but i could possibly softmod it if that would perk your interest smile.gif

Edited by fretster, 25 January 2005 - 04:50 AM.

#7 fretster

fretster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:09 AM

okay, i modded the box for a power button on controller mod... now you can power up/off the xbox from the comfort of your own couch! ill also throw in a MS dvd playback kit (unscrewed with), as well as a duke controller with power button. all of this can be yours for the glorious price of 135 including shipping. the xbox alone would be 135 and the dvd kit is anothe 30! this is a steal!

Edited by fretster, 25 January 2005 - 08:21 AM.

#8 fretster

fretster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 03:38 PM

okay, if youre interested in this its up on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=8164852526

#9 fretster

fretster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 06:58 PM

xbox has been sold to Lysergic, mods please close smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic