8 replies to this topic

#1 littlejr21

littlejr21

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:00 AM

Okay, here's my situation. I got my softmodded box. I got mine softmodded in a long sort of way. I tried to softmod it myself ran into complications locking the hard drive (had computer trouble, wouldn't run the program I needed). That's when I decided to have a chip put in to fix it. Chip was fried. So the guy I had put the chip in suggested going back to softmodding and he got it all working, runs like a dream.

I got a friend that has seen the glory of a modded box and he wants me to do it for him. My question is: Can't I just use the MA exploit and install EvoX on the regular hard drive and get his locking password and just take the new hard drive and put all the files from my hard drive (like EvoX files and such) on it. And substitute whatever files I need to so that his board knows that it's his hard drive?

That sounds complicated. But it's not really, I guess simplified I wanna know if there's a way to mod his box without having to unlock his hard drive (but lock his new hard drive)?

Thanks for the help.

#2 Smoko

Smoko

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:14 AM

http://www.how2xbox.com has just what your looking for.

I think....

#3 littlejr21

littlejr21

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 07:55 AM

Ok, went to that site. Followed the directions which say to use xboxhdm (which is what I had a problem with before, but I tried again anyhow). Backed up the files on the box, FTPed them over to my comp. Put them in the right folders, created the .iso. Used Nero 6 to burn it. Got it all hooked up and turn on comp and it says that the disc is not correct bootable media or some bullcrap like that.

So I hooked up my comp HD and decided to check and see if there was actually anything on that disc and it says that the .iso is there.

Did I burn the image on the disc wrong?

#4 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 26 January 2005 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE(littlejr21 @ Jan 25 2005, 11:26 PM)
Did I burn the image on the disc wrong?

View Post

Yes....you must burn the ISO as an image not as a file.

#5 littlejr21

littlejr21

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 09:55 AM

Ok, thanks. Well I burnt another disc, but this time I used the program "Burnatonce" and this time the disc worked. I went through and got all the files moved over and stuff. But now when I try to lock it, the program gives me some funny error message but it displays my "HDD key" and "HDD password from eeprom".

Can I use hdlock or some sort of other program to lock the hard drive with one of those two things mentioned above? And if so, which one? I'm 99% sure this brand can be locked cause I checked the compatibility chart that's online and ppl have used them before.

#6 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:11 AM

Having a HD that locks is really a crap shoot...sometimes you can get 2 of the exact same drive and one will lock and the other won't. WD are usually really good about locking but if it doesn't lock with xboxhdm then you are probably SOL.

#7 whiteviper

whiteviper

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 12:15 PM

just a quick note:
make sure you backup the eeprom.bin
you will need it to lock your hdd again.

#8 littlejr21

littlejr21

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 06:24 PM

Well that kinda sucks to know james. I was thinking I was in the clear when I checked my friends HD against that list and it said it would work. Is there any other way I can try locking the drive besides using xboxhdm? Anything that I don't have to type the password into would be great but then again beggars can't be choosers. biggrin.gif

Whiteviper: already backed it up, that's how I made the xboxhdm disc. Not to mention, I don't really have to worry about locking the original drive back up cause I never had to unlock it. But thanks for offerin that up. smile.gif

#9 domesticman

domesticman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:22 PM

Use the lock/unlock w/eeprom option on xboxhdm to build your new hdd.

When I first tried to lock my new hdd, I locked it with the key generated from my stock drive - but the stock and new hdd use different keys - so I unlocked new hdd with the wrong key and relocked it with the right one xboxhdm maked generated from the eeprom.

Hope that helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users