Johnny Kilo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 January 2005 - 12:31 AM

Well like any good XBox user I decided to mod my XBox using the Splinter Cell hack, I was in their chat boards for a while but they couldn't quite help me all the way through. Long story short I deleted the C:\ drive trying to ftp files and now I'm trying to rebuild the drive. I cant quite get the timing right on the hotswap to the PC. My computers not being helpful in the matter but I can usually play around and get it right. I think I got it once or twice but I couldn't get HDM to unlock the drive, although I did get the HD Key and Password and that info. My computers not being helpful in the matter but I can usually play around and get it right. If anyone has any ideas or better suggestions Im open for them, thanks in advance.

#2 DJGietzen

DJGietzen

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 January 2005 - 01:46 AM

so other than "I screwed up" what else could be used to describe the problem you are having?

Does the xbox not boot with with no game disk in? Does it still not boot WITH a game disk in?

If you deleted the contents of the C: drive, you should still have files on the E: drive where the splnter cell xploit should be. If the explit still loads its embeded dashboard your fine. Don't hotswap if you don't have too.

I guess I'm saying, tell us where you got stuck.

#3 Johnny Kilo

Johnny Kilo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 January 2005 - 08:09 AM

Actually, Im assuming that I messed up with the actual transferring of the Bert and Ernie fonts and replacing the actual dash. Even after I deleted the files I could still put in games and play. But Im beyond this now because when I put in games I cannot access anything. The flubber animation will run and the box will go to the main xbox screen. Ive tried unpluggin the yellow DVD cables and I got error 15 I believe, its an error in which the HDD is unlocked automatically and stays unlocked, I can sometimes get this to work. Otherwise I get error 21, I might have the wrong number there but I know its the main error that most people get.

#4 Cio

Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 January 2005 - 12:35 PM

21=Sofware error (dash won't boot). Meaning u can hotswap (needs to be done b4 the error shows!) since the xbox boots far enuff to unlock the HD.

But real help requires u to post abit more info, really.

And "my PC aint helpfull"? I suggest simply using xboxhdm, booting from the cd-rom drive as first option in ur pc BIOS, disabeling all IDE connections that are not used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users