2 replies to this topic

#1 jpx72x

jpx72x

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 07:51 PM

Hey everybody, after I have backed up my Xbox HD onto my computer, I wondered if I could just toss my new HD into my computer and format it from here? It seems like it would be a lot easier to deal with than trying to FTP in.

#2 mike315

mike315

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 January 2005 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE(jpx72x @ Jan 26 2005, 08:22 PM)
Hey everybody, after I have backed up my Xbox HD onto my computer, I wondered if I could just toss my new HD into my computer and format it from here? It seems like it would be a lot easier to deal with than trying to FTP in.

View Post

You know I was thinking of how useful it would be to have a program that could format a HD in FATX. Unfortunately there isn't a tool that can do that right now(not as far as i know...then again im pretty idle in this scene).

I wouldnt think it would be too hard for an app to be written to do that from Windows...but then again the package would need to partition/format and put useful data on it.(ie. evox etc etc like the install discs do)

I think the real issue would be viewing the drive contents from withen windows. I dont think there's anyone out there thats up for writing a driver for that. Although a utility that could read/write the contents would be awesome. Sorta like Ghost Explorer or IsoBuster, cept you wouldnt read an image, but the actual XFAT partitions...

Eitherway...DREAM ON. Cuz im sure im not the 1st to think about it like this...dont hold your breath... laugh.gif

Edited by mike315, 26 January 2005 - 08:17 PM.

#3 murdoch

murdoch

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:23 AM

Formatting through FTP isn't that tough anyway. As I'm sure you know, there's a great tutorial on this very site. You just need an evox boot disk and an ftp program to send raw commands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users