#1 bugmenot2

bugmenot2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:28 PM

I was watching a couple of videos done by walka and this guy rippon... I have seen some amazing snipes which don't seem possible, as well as some crazy grenade stickys...

I have a sniper in my clan who seems to get headshots everytime he shoots. I asked him his secret and he said he won't tell...

I watched him when he was zoomed in and I saw his body would jerk right when the shot fired.

I did a tiny bit of research and I heard a rumor that due to lag in the game if you have level 10 as your speed thing and you jerk the shot to the right, the shot becomes mor accurate.

Could someone explain how to do this?

#2 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:59 PM

sweep sniping... but why bother? being good at regular sniping isnt hard... just set up a custom game of snipers only with some friends that also arent good snipers, i guarantee youll be much better by the end of the round...

#3 bugmenot2

bugmenot2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:00 AM

lol thanks gc, but what exactly is this sweep sniping(I already learned my cheating lesson when i got suspended for dummy glitch)?

Is there ceartain requirements?

#4 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:08 AM

imo its actually harder to do than regular sniping so i dont bother, but all you do is set you sens high, have the reticule at head level and swipe the reticule across thier head and shoot... the lag compensation that live has will most likely register it as a hit... beerchug.gif

#5 bugmenot2

bugmenot2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:30 AM

that is the most stupid trick ever, i thought it was some type of lead of the shot... so gay. thank you for telling me.

#6 joseph_hac

joseph_hac

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE(bugmenot2 @ Jan 26 2005, 07:01 PM)
that is the most stupid trick ever, i thought it was some type of lead of the shot... so gay. thank you for telling me.

View Post

Yeah too bad, eh! You cheating piece of shit!

#7 danmanstx

danmanstx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:15 AM

how is that cheating??

#8 bugmenot2

bugmenot2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:34 AM

"Yeah too bad, eh! You cheating piece of shit!"

what was that for? If you wish to commence in a flame war, please state it. I was not saying "Thank you for telling me so I can use it".

Some people...

#9 h34d5h0tz

h34d5h0tz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts
  • Interests:http://www.pbase.com/h43d5h0tz/xbox

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE(bugmenot2 @ Jan 27 2005, 12:31 AM)
lol thanks gc, but what exactly is this sweep sniping(I already learned my cheating lesson when i got suspended for dummy glitch)?

Is there ceartain requirements?

View Post

i think he wus refering to that.

#10 stainer111

stainer111

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:14 PM

More and more glitches are being found every day. It's too bad.

#11 bugmenot2

bugmenot2

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:18 PM

Oh, well if he was referring to that, I was doing the dummy glitch before all the controversy over whether it was a glitch or a cheat...

#12 SKoT

SKoT

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(bugmenot2 @ Jan 27 2005, 07:49 PM)
Oh, well if he was referring to that, I was doing the dummy glitch before all the controversy over whether it was a glitch or a cheat...

View Post

who gives a shit when it was, did you ever think that that was how the game was intended to be played?

In any case, its not the lag compensation. You have probably noticed, or maybe not, that there is a slight auto-aim in this game. Yea, it is gay as hell, but when you swipe over the head, you have about .1 seconds of lock on the head. When they see their cursor red they shoot. HS every time.

#13 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:29 AM

In any case, its not the lag compensation. You have probably noticed, or maybe not, that there is a slight auto-aim in this game. Yea, it is gay as hell, but when you swipe over the head, you have about .1 seconds of lock on the head. When they see their cursor red they shoot. HS every time.

well thats just wrong, have you seen the videos in question? yes the game has a slight autoaim but thats not what hes talking about...

#14 SKoT

SKoT

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Jan 28 2005, 02:00 AM)
well thats just wrong, have you seen the videos in question? yes the game has a slight autoaim but thats not what hes talking about...

View Post

I have seen videos doing it, yea. I use this technique myself in up-close places, makes it easier for HSes. Trust me, this is what he is doing, its not the lag at all. practice doing it about 20 or so games in matchmaking with the sniper and you will be able to do it every time as well.

Edited by SKoT, 28 January 2005 - 02:05 AM.

#15 LinkWarrior

LinkWarrior

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE(bugmenot2 @ Jan 26 2005, 05:59 PM)
I was watching a couple of videos done by walka and this guy rippon...

View Post

WaLKa is probably the best Halo player out there. Killing Spree is an awesome movie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users