Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 January 2005 - 08:18 PM

After watching "killing spree", it makes me want to play the original halo again. Damnit! Now i'm starting to remember how much more fun the orignal halo was compared to halo 2! They are just two completely different games.

#18 danmanstx

danmanstx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 29 January 2005 - 07:00 AM

ya same here i might just go pop that disk in now smile.gif

#19 IronestMaiden

IronestMaiden

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 January 2005 - 10:09 PM

too bad nobody ever plays it online anymore

#20 CamdogXIII

CamdogXIII

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:Modding xbox's, building computers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 January 2005 - 03:49 AM

now i see what a terrible sequal halo 2 is. (great game, but terrible sequal)

and please correct my spelling of sequal.

#21 nagmine

nagmine

burp!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 07:05 AM

ok they must have made that look faster... cause the orginal halo never was that fast. I liked halo2 since the game seems a tiny bit faster.. watching that video was like watching ut2k4...

also that video reminds me why i hate the fuckin pistol.. why did they even include any other weapons in that game since only the pistol , rockets and sniper were used.

#22 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 08:08 PM

For upclose battles, when your pistol is reloading, switching to the assault rifle and firing off a couple rounds followed with a melee was great satisfaction.

The shotgun, upclose of course, was very useful.

I loved the pistol, and still miss it. love.gif

The pistol was a fair weapon, because everyone had it. It just seperated the ones with skills with those who did not have them.

Edited by Foe-hammer, 31 January 2005 - 08:23 PM.

#23 CamdogXIII

CamdogXIII

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:Modding xbox's, building computers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 January 2005 - 08:19 PM

yah, but after a while it would get boring, because that would've been the only weapon that you used.

#24 IronestMaiden

IronestMaiden

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 11:16 PM

ya no shit halo 1 was entirely a battle for power-ups and those that could do the 3 shot kill shit.halo 2 is all based on teamwork and not 1 man owning 5 people.But i see this game evolving everyday onlive, i notice in everygame i get while my levels get higher it becomes a battle for the good weapons as most people suc with dual wield.its just fuckin pathetic for people to think they are good because they have a sword or a rocket launcher or some shitty one hit kill weapon

anyways all walka did to make himself look so good was he strafed back and fourth so the autoaim would stick on his oppenents i can do that too doesnt make me good,thinking creatively makes me good,but i still cant do sniper shots like that lol

#25 nagmine

nagmine

burp!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:52 AM

see thats the thing.. why even have the asualt rifle and stuff. They are completly worthless to the pistol. When i played at home we always mixed up the weapons.. like everyone would try something new. The first time i played halo on the net using xbc i was like what the hell !?!? everyone just used the pistol and rockets..... making the game bland since it was the same thing every game. PISTOL! PISTOL! PISTOL!

sleeping.gif

#26 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(nagmine @ Feb 1 2005, 03:58 AM)
see thats the thing.. why even have the asualt rifle  and stuff. They are completly worthless to the pistol.

View Post

Not true. When your reloading the pistol and close to someone else, or right in someones face, the assult rifle, and of course the shotty, work great, along with some slapping (melee).

Edited by Foe-hammer, 04 February 2005 - 08:39 PM.

#27 Stealth_Snipa

Stealth_Snipa

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:H2<br />P-K-R<br />BaseBall
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 05 February 2005 - 05:08 AM

I think he was referring that the battle rifle isnt as good a weapon overall compared to the pistols. SUre its better long range but thats what snipers are for, how many people do you see using the BR, and the exception to this is the Plasma Pistol and Battle Rifle Combo, i admit taht this is a good reason for having it on the game... but overall i guess it dont matter i hope halo 3 has more weapons that halo 2 x 2

#28 bobbybonilla

bobbybonilla

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 08:03 AM

I can personally take 3 ppl out mid range in 15 seconds using the br(mid range meaning it takes them 3 seconds to get to me... Give me the pp/br combo. I can take out four...

BTW I am only level 11 so that should say something about how easy it is to use the BR.

#29 .fortune

.fortune

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 08:14 AM

Oh god..I'm about to go play Halo 1 on XBC now...as someone said, watching that vid made me realize how bad of a sequel h2 really is...I liked this vid alot.

#30 AnThRaX

AnThRaX

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Jan 31 2005, 01:14 PM)
For upclose battles, when your pistol is reloading, switching to the assault rifle and firing off a couple rounds followed with a melee was great satisfaction.

The shotgun, upclose of course, was very useful.

I loved the pistol, and still miss it. love.gif

The pistol was a fair weapon, because everyone had it.  It just seperated the ones with skills with those who did not have them.

View Post

Great post, but what I used the AR I double punched people then did the ammo trick or just did the ammo trick if they were midrange and just 3 shot people. I started playing Halo PC last night and I loved it even though it's laggy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users