• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 what29

what29

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:04 AM

i am trying to flash a ver 1.3 and ran into something i havent before. after loading the mechassault hack and trying to flash it says

Manufacturers ID 09 Device ID 00
!!flash not writeable!!

what does this mean, i have only done about 5 xboxes so far and have never had this happen. i check and redid my 2 sets of points twice but always same error. can someone please help, thanx

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,743 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:14 AM

it could mean 1 of 2 things, it could be teh flash code is not in your ini or raincoat.conf (if you are using raincoat .7 this is not an issue)

it also, most commonly means, the points are not done right

try desoldering and cleaning them off (desodler braid and some alcohol to clean themA) then resolder them

and make sure you are using raicoat .7, evox will likely not work since msot (all) 1.3s have winbond chips

#3 what29

what29

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:09 AM

i went back and cleaned the points off again and redid it. still nothing. i am using the mech assault hack. i have used this same game save on all v1.0 and 1.1's do i need to change a file on my save or no. thanx for the reply

#4 what29

what29

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:12 AM

oh yeah i forgot to mentiom, it has a hynix

#5 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,743 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:54 AM

what kind of save are you using? evox or raincoat?

#6 what29

what29

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:00 AM

i am using evo x and flashing once that opens up. sorry if i sound ignorant but i am still a noob. only done 5 or so to this point but never had this happen. all of the others i have done were v1.0 or 1.1. after i flash i use slayers auto installer but i cant even get to that point with this one. actuallt the file i got from the "usual places" is called highway007 mech flash pak and i put bios i created from xbtool in the bios folder.

#7 carbasher

carbasher

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:15 AM

Just had the exact sme thing happening to me, I was using 007AUF with raincoat .5 gamesave, and I got the exact same message, Manufacturers ID 09 Device ID 00 flash not writeable, also on a 1.3 with Hynx chip, downloaded raincoat .7 and copied it into my 007AUF game save (overwrote the files in the raincoat folder) and then it worked like a champ.

keep the .5 of raincoat handy becasue right after that, I did 1.0 version with raincoat .7 and did not recognize it . Went back to raincoat .5 and it worked.

Never used the Mech save, but i'm sure its the same only differnet, you know what I mean

Good Luck and no FRAGS

#8 what29

what29

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:10 PM

thanx, i will try the raincoat save and post later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users